bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 15th Jun 2011, 17:29   #101
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I was hoping to see some fighting this week, but got let down again!

I wonder if they're saving their budget for a big battle? seems like they'll have to show you something soon.

Really enjoyed this series its kept me going while I wait for Walking Dead (in fact I probably prefer it now). I'm used to watching series back to back so waiting for this is going to kill me.
| Main Rig | FT02 BW | 2600k @ 4.3Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengance | GTX 1070 @ 2020Mhz | OCZ ARC100 480GB |1TB Samsung F3 | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | ProSonus Eris 4.5 monitors |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2011, 12:31   #102
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
| Main Rig | FT02 BW | 2600k @ 4.3Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengance | GTX 1070 @ 2020Mhz | OCZ ARC100 480GB |1TB Samsung F3 | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | ProSonus Eris 4.5 monitors |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2011, 13:49   #103
neonplanet40
Supermodder

neonplanet40 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Season is over :P
Old 20th Jun 2011, 15:11   #104
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonplanet40 View Post
Season is over :P
Last episode is on tonight is it not?
Old 20th Jun 2011, 19:58   #105
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljoy View Post
Last episode is on tonight is it not?
Tonight for the UK etc, USA saw it yesterday.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 10:27   #106
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
And what a finale, eh?

BLOOD OF THE DRAGON!

It's going to be a long 12 months until season 2 (they start filming next month according to reports). Ah well - only three more weeks to book 5. Yay!
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 11:36   #107
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
So since I had Monday and Tuesday off, I finally got around to reading the books. I've read 1,2 and I'm about 40% of the way through 3 and I've got to say that I'm a little disappointed. I like the story but the narrative style just makes it drag especially the endless paragraphs that are just lists of names! My friend even went so far as to just skip the chapters by characters he didn't like, myself I stuck through them for the sake of continuity.

I'm now starting to watch the tv series and I think it is pretty awesome. The only thing that lets it down (and it seems to be common in a lot of sci-fi/fantasy series) is a sense of scale. Everything seems too small, the castles, the cities, the crowds and the armies. Other than that I look forward to season 2!
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 12:56   #108
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Brilliant ending, Cant wait until spring to see the next series going to re-read the books before dance of dragons is released I think
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 13:26   #109
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
DRAGONS!!!!
Old 22nd Jun 2011, 23:03   #110
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilelephant View Post
So since I had Monday and Tuesday off, I finally got around to reading the books. I've read 1,2 and I'm about 40% of the way through 3 and I've got to say that I'm a little disappointed. I like the story but the narrative style just makes it drag especially the endless paragraphs that are just lists of names! My friend even went so far as to just skip the chapters by characters he didn't like, myself I stuck through them for the sake of continuity.

I'm now starting to watch the tv series and I think it is pretty awesome. The only thing that lets it down (and it seems to be common in a lot of sci-fi/fantasy series) is a sense of scale. Everything seems too small, the castles, the cities, the crowds and the armies. Other than that I look forward to season 2!
Sense of scale is mostly due to budget- which they may increase in the next season- as dragons will be expensive to do.

Though season would have ended better if Joffery got slapped again by tyrion again.
Old 23rd Jun 2011, 09:59   #111
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PUNK] crompers View Post
I could watch Joffery get slapped all day.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2011, 02:18   #112
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Just finished watching it all.
Mixed feelings, though the series was great, I didn't really like the way it went
Sean Bean, favourite character by far
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2011, 04:07   #113
ccxo
On top of a hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
Just finished watching it all.
Mixed feelings, though the series was great, I didn't really like the way it went
Sean Bean, favourite character by far
Series went by the book with only minor changes- which is good to see.
Old 6th Jul 2011, 09:06   #114
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh yeah I know, and fair enough, just wish the book didn't do that
Still looking forward to the next series though, although will have to wait until it's finished, so I can watch it all in a couple of days like this one.
Old 6th Jul 2011, 09:16   #115
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I started reading the books after watching the TV series and I'm not sure how they will manage tbh. They did not show any of the battles in the first book and the second book contains a lot more/bigger battles and magic/fantasy type stuff so doing that to the high standards they have set themselves will be a challenge.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2011, 09:17   #116
Stotherd-001
Multimodder

Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stotherd-001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The studio is currently looking for hairy men as extras in Northern Ireland. I've several friends in the last season, one was a Dothraki and basically banged a goblet against his leg while naked women danced in front of him.
Stotherd-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2011, 17:41   #117
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Possibly one of the most important roles for season 2 (and onward) has been cast - Brienne is to be played be british actress Gwendoline Christie:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/07/08/game...s-blue-knight/

Ok - she's tall enough, but unless they 'ugly her up', she's far to pretty to be Brienne. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
Old 20th Jul 2011, 09:52   #118
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

More casting news:

Davos Seaworthy:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/li...ningham-davos/

Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre of Assai:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/stannis-melisandre/

Margaery Tyrell :

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/ga...rones-casting/
- Carl Sagan

Old 20th Jul 2011, 11:13   #119
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

I didn't realise there were any battles
May have to read the books though
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 13:30   #120
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

Asha, Theon Greyjoy's older sister has been cast, and they've changed her name to Yara - apparently due to tha fact that is sounds too much like Osha, and people may get confused:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/02/ga...-greyjoy-asha/

Hmmm. I don't think I'd get confused between a hard as nails warrior woman / longship captain and a captured smart mouthed wildling girl. But that's me.
- Carl Sagan

Tags
say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode