bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 23rd Feb 2011, 00:39   #61
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just finished The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks. Didn't exactly have the depth of character i usually look for from fantasy novels but there were plenty enough twists and turns to keep you reading.

After that and insistence from my missus to read the Pern novels (uh, i just can't get into such high fantasy no matter how much i want to) i've one for a reread of the Dirk Gently books Id forgotten how entertaining they are
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 09:02   #62
Byron C
A big fan of erotic furry fanfic

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawaol View Post
Currently reading The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring Second time through, read it first time about 6 years ago. Amazing what pops out at you second time round too... Going to try and read it through at least every few years now.
I can't count how many times I've read the LOTR books. I need to read The Silmarillion again, as well as The Children of Hurin.

EDIT: Back on topic... I accidentally bought Market Forces, so making my way through that. I had the sample already and clicked the wrong link on my Kindle - I meant to look it up on the store, not buy it!

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 09:11   #63
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack View Post
The Count of Monte Cristo. God bless Project Gutenberg.
I started reading the CoMC and the first part of the book was brilliant but all the poofing around Paris with the aristocracy was so mind numbingly dull I gave up.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 09:39   #64
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
I'm currently reading the first of heaven, book 5 in the wheel of time series, very very good books.

got another 8 to go so far lol
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:14   #65
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljoy View Post
I'm currently reading the first of heaven, book 5 in the wheel of time series, very very good books.

got another 8 to go so far lol
Yep excellent series, I actually finished book 5 couple years ago but havent read any past that, which I would like to.
It's just that libraries in my borough are crap and it was hard enough getting those previous 5 books and reading the aged books.
I would buy them but they would cost a fair amount of cash, which I dont have available to spend on books, been tempted to buy a kindle so then the books wouldnt deterioate, but the cost of an ebook is nearly the same as getting the paper version which is ridiculous.
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 08:59   #66
Jimbob94
Supermodder

Jimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Necronomicon-H.P. Lovecraft

Best horror stories ever.

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the head like this before.

Do not speak unless it improves on silence
Jimbob94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 10:56   #67
BRAWL
Mod Master

BRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming SaiyanBRAWL is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Salamander - Nick Kyme

Lots of Ork killing, Heretic crushing, Psychic Fireball inducing goodness Payday tommorow and I'm cosidering investing in the remaining Black Library 40K publications that are released and maybe pre-ordering a few others that aren't released.

I'm also looking into Mr Prachett's works aswell as Stephen King and a few others. But the prices of books when you want to buy ten and they're all £11.99 sucks majorly, am I right?
BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2011, 11:36   #68
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I started reading Born to Run again the other day. It is one of the most inspiring books i have ever read and its a gripping read so I implore all of you to give it a go. It's only £4.50 on Amazon so go treat yourselves to a potential life changing experience.
Old 24th Feb 2011, 14:07   #69
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by niro View Post
Yep excellent series, I actually finished book 5 couple years ago but havent read any past that, which I would like to.
It's just that libraries in my borough are crap and it was hard enough getting those previous 5 books and reading the aged books.
I would buy them but they would cost a fair amount of cash, which I dont have available to spend on books, been tempted to buy a kindle so then the books wouldnt deterioate, but the cost of an ebook is nearly the same as getting the paper version which is ridiculous.
£4.99 on amazon, far cheaper than waterstones, they had 3 for 2 in store and i can get 4 for the same price online.. look there man
Old 24th Feb 2011, 14:42   #70
Jake123456
All hail Olivia Wilde!!

Jake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng0 View Post

The Demon Spear (Demon Trilogy Pt. 2)
Although it's not actually a trilogy!
Just read this and the painted man, amazing books so far I can't wait to see how he finishes it.

Also been rereading The Night Angel Trilogy, amazing amazing and amazing books, a must read for all you people.
Jake123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2011, 01:07   #71
klaxxon
What's a lemerd?

klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.klaxxon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Dissing Chuck Norris since 1984.
klaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2011, 01:09   #72
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Working my way through some Bernard Cornwell at the moment, am on Lords of the North, 3rd of the 5 book series about Uthred, awesome
May have to reread his Arther trilogy after being reminded how good he is at historical fiction.
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2011, 05:31   #73
deadsea
Multimodder

deadsea has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldeadsea has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Working my way through the discworld series. I love the luggage!!! Most inane character I've ever seen in any book. The author's sense of humor is totally out there too. But me likes..

6 down, 30+ more to go...
deadsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2011, 05:53   #74
Elton
Officially a Whisky Nerd

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Brave New World.

And Booktheif, but I have barely started that book.
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:30   #75
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
£4.99 on amazon, far cheaper than waterstones, they had 3 for 2 in store and i can get 4 for the same price online.. look there man
Thanks, found books 6,7,8 on play.com for £5 each, think will order them =)
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:39   #76
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton View Post
And Booktheif, but I have barely started that book.
The one by Markus Zusak? It's excellent.

I've been doing a lot of non-course reading lately, should throw a few into this thread.

The Book Thief, as I already said, is wonderful.
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - about WWII aviator and distance runner Louis Zamperini. Another fantastic WWII book.
The Great Escape - The movie was fantastic, the book, in my opinion, is better. It's a lot less 'Hollywood' and a lot more impressive because you know it's all fact.

Currently about 200 pages into 'D-day' by Stephen Ambrose (same chap who wrote Band of Brothers). So far so good.
Old 25th Feb 2011, 11:19   #77
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Currently about 200 pages into 'D-day' by Stephen Ambrose (same chap who wrote Band of Brothers). So far so good.
Citizen Soldiers is excellent.
Old 25th Feb 2011, 16:00   #78
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

Quote:
Originally Posted by niro View Post
Thanks, found books 6,7,8 on play.com for £5 each, think will order them =)
yea its not bad getting 3 books for the price of one and a half RRP lol
Old 26th Feb 2011, 19:25   #79
bigkingfun
Tinkering addict

bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bigkingfun is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Not a book but: I have currently read The boy who stole Half-Life 2.

Intro: "At 6am on 7th May 2004, Axel Gembe awoke in the small German town of Schönau im Schwarzwald to find his bed surrounded by police officers. Automatic weapons were pointing at his head and the words "Get out of bed. Do not touch the keyboard" were ringing in his ears. "

Thanks to theevilelephant for directing me here.
bigkingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2011, 22:08   #80
niro
Supermodder

Quote:
yea its not bad getting 3 books for the price of one and a half RRP lol
yea, well in the end i shelled out for a kindle lool. I was seriously thinkin of getting one before christmas but I bought a samsung galaxy s instead.
But since I can read manga on kindle and can get loads of books free, and ones which cant sometimes they go for pretty cheap, the wheel of time kindle version are £5, so i gave in to my temptation

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode