bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 28th Feb 2011, 23:59   #81
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by niro View Post
yea, well in the end i shelled out for a kindle lool. I was seriously thinkin of getting one before christmas but I bought a samsung galaxy s instead.
But since I can read manga on kindle and can get loads of books free, and ones which cant sometimes they go for pretty cheap, the wheel of time kindle version are £5, so i gave in to my temptation
sweet, its a fantastic series but i'm gona read the painted man before i move onto the second half, just about half way threw book 6 atm.

I really want a kindle but yano its a choice between kindle or an SSD atm lol
Old 1st Mar 2011, 09:46   #82
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljoy View Post
sweet, its a fantastic series but i'm gona read the painted man before i move onto the second half, just about half way threw book 6 atm.

I really want a kindle but yano its a choice between kindle or an SSD atm lol
How is painted man? Seems pretty good but I might wait until all books are released first.

I was gon get SSD in my build few weeks ago, but bought samsung F3 instead and saved the £100 or so in case I wanted a kindle in near future, and i did lol.
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 06:18   #83
Elton
Officially a Whisky Nerd

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.

So far I am loving Joyce's style.

BNW i am just re-reading like 1984 for AP lit, but I know those books like the back of my hand.
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 07:06   #84
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
hitchhikers guide.. still didn't finish it!
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 07:39   #85
Prometheus
Supermodder

Prometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the DremelPrometheus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bought I am number 4 and 127 hours the other day but I haven't started reading them yet.

I saw I am number 4 at the cinema the other day and when I heard it was based on a book I decided to buy it as I haven't had anything to read in a while and I usually prefer the books that alot of films are based on. Haven't seen 127 hours yet though
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 09:42   #86
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Mass effect: retribution.

It continues to surprise me just how well written the mass effect books are. Both in terms of generally being well written, and tying in with the game, while not doing stuff that would break game mechanics.
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 09:51   #87
adidan
Lurking back neat the Toon

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh good, this thread's reminded me to get Iain M Banks 'Surface Detail'. Love the Culture novels.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 13:35   #88
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The proper care of Guppies - Stan Shubel

The Guide to Owning Guppies - Homer Mozart

The Complete Aquarium Logbook - Kevin W. Boyd
Old 10th Mar 2011, 13:21   #89
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A slight pause in reading The Heroes to read this little gem borrowed from a friend:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atrocity-Arc...d_bxgy_b_img_a

It's good. I shall be reading the other novels in the sequence:

The Jennifer Morgue
The Fuller Memorandum

Also, I have these in a holding pattern to read, now that Amazon have delivered them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Name-Wind-Ki...9763094&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wise-Mans-Fe...9763094&sr=1-2

I've already read Name of the Wind (It's bloody excellent), but that was borrowed from a friend, a looooong time ago. Mr Rothfuss has taken a GRRM-Like amount of time to write the second book.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 13:26   #90
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Guide to Stars and Planets (Philip's Astronomy) - Sir Patrick Moore

Just finished.

Wonders of the Universe - Brian Cox and Andrew Cohen

Half-Way Through.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 13:33   #91
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.

Starting on Saturday
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 13:40   #92
Booga
Cuppa tea anyone?

Booga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for presidentBooga should be considered for president
At the moment I am reading the last book of the Bernard Cornwell Arthur trilogy, an excellent read and the first of his books I have read.
Also part way through book 4 of the Histories of Middle earth and Tales from the Perilous Realm.

Still to read; Pacific, The rest of the HoME series and Tank Girl Armadillo.
Old 10th Mar 2011, 13:42   #93
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
The first of his books??
You've been missing out.
The Arthur trilogy is epic.I recommend The Uthred series, azincourt, and stonehenge and the american rebel series.
Uthred series is of a similar time as the Arthur books.
Old 10th Mar 2011, 14:35   #94
asteldian
Supermodder

asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.asteldian is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
A slight pause in reading The Heroes to read this little gem borrowed from a friend:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atrocity-Arc...d_bxgy_b_img_a

It's good. I shall be reading the other novels in the sequence:

The Jennifer Morgue
The Fuller Memorandum

Also, I have these in a holding pattern to read, now that Amazon have delivered them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Name-Wind-Ki...9763094&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wise-Mans-Fe...9763094&sr=1-2

I've already read Name of the Wind (It's bloody excellent), but that was borrowed from a friend, a looooong time ago. Mr Rothfuss has taken a GRRM-Like amount of time to write the second book.
I really enjoyed Name of te Wind, I need to read the next book.
I love fantasy books, some of my favorites were:
Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind
All of David Gemmels Books (bloody fantastic short reads)
The Painted Man by Peter V. Brooks
I read George RR Martins books but they were.....ok I guess, they didn't grip me like other fantasy books.

A book I highly recommend is the Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.
Also the Night Angel Trilogy by Brett Weeks was an excellent read.
asteldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 16:28   #95
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Currently readint The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth; there simply is no better storyteller than Forsyth.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 16:49   #96
Jake123456
Surprise!

Jake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Reading "The Heroes" By Joe Abercrombie, Awesome books, hope the next one comes out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
If I ejaculated a 1.5TB HDD I'd probably do it again from the excitement.
Jake123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 17:07   #97
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blademrk - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Parents bought me a couple of books from the Percy Jackson series for Christmas (specifically the 3rd & 4th books), so I picked up the first one last week (can't start a series from the middle) and finished it last night. Need to pick up the 2nd one now before I can continue with the ones they bought me.

And I just found out there'll be a new Discworld book out around September/October called Snuff (City Watch/Vimes). I thought the next one was going to be another Moist von Lipwig story (Raising Taxes?) either way, I can't wait.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 17:13   #98
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yeah, can't wait for Snuff. Vimes is way up there of my list of favourite characters, with Night Watch being my all time favourite Discworld novel.

Just finished reading Interesting Times. About to start reading Digital Fortress. I know, I know! It's a Dan Brown book, but I actually really like it. :3
Senpai | CPU | Intel i5 2500K | RAM | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Mobo | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | GPU | Asus STRIX 960 4GB | SSDs | Intel 730 Series 250GB, Corsair Force 3 120GB, OCZ Agility 120GB | HDD/Storage | 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 24"+20" LG Flatrons | Keyboard | Razer Blackwidow TE | Mouse | Roccat Tyon
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 19:45   #99
Jimbob94
Supermodder

Jimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJimbob94 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

Just finished The Main In The High Castle, amazing

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the head like this before.

Do not speak unless it improves on silence
Jimbob94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 20:30   #100
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Digital Fortress may be my favourite Dan Brown book, I think it's defo worth a read

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode