bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 10th Mar 2011, 20:32   #101
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mine too. That and Deception Point are pretty enjoyable. It's just a shame that Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code decided to pretty much read like the same plot, with different blanks.
Senpai | CPU | Intel i5 2500K | RAM | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Mobo | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | GPU | Asus STRIX 960 4GB | SSDs | Intel 730 Series 250GB, Corsair Force 3 120GB, OCZ Agility 120GB | HDD/Storage | 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 24"+20" LG Flatrons | Keyboard | Razer Blackwidow TE | Mouse | Roccat Tyon
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2011, 20:37   #102
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Indeed, although I did enjoy Angels and Demons (read it before The Da Vinci Code, which I thought was quite easily his weakest book)
Need to read Deception point again actually now you mention it.
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 15:23   #103
niro
Supermodder

niro has yet to learn the way of the Dremelniro has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Been trying to read about 30mins - hour a day since my kindle arrive, and am finally nearing the end of first book of wheel of time series (also read 1 manga chapter of GTO lol).

I read the first 6 years ago, and decided I would start again, and now I remember why I loved the wheel of time books. First book is great for setting the story, similarities to Fellowship of the Ring. Now I cant wait to get home to finish it off and get started on the 2nd book.
niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 16:02   #104
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Currently reading the Bob Lee / Earl Swagger novels by Stephen Hunter (1st of which was made into the movie 'Shooter' with Mark Whalberg).

Between books, I keep going back to the two series by Jim Butcher, The Dresden Chronicles and The Codex Of Alera series. Thoroughly enjoyedthe Codex series, though I still say the ending was a little rushed and confusing.

Looking to get the Spellsong and Recluce series by L.E Modessit Jr, both of which I read going into my teens, though having read those and liking them, I might just buy some of his other series aswell.
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 16:24   #105
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
All the Foundation series in order. Asimov.
Old 4th Apr 2011, 16:28   #106
Marvin-HHGTTG
CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I'm currently reading Metro 2033, it's actually quite different from the game...

For instance Artyom doesn't even fire a round until about 3/8 of the way through...
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 17:18   #107
Furymouse
Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Furymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im stuck on Grapes of Wrath. I just can't seem to get past the third chapter. I finished East of Eden just before that and absolutely loved that book so I don't know why this one is so hard.
Old 4th Apr 2011, 17:31   #108
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furymouse View Post
Im stuck on Grapes of Wrath. I just can't seem to get past the third chapter. I finished East of Eden just before that and absolutely loved that book so I don't know why this one is so hard.
Steinbeck can be a difficult read. Especially for those who are not historically bonded to the US. Much of his writing is directly aimed at causing emotions in Americans. Plod on, he is a great author.

john
Old 4th Apr 2011, 17:33   #109
chrismarkham1982
I *am* a Dremel

chrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
curremtly reading gardens of the moon by steven erikson.

AsRock Z170 Extreme4/Core I5 6600k @ 4.4ghz/16GB Corsair DDR4-3000/256GB Samsung Evo 750 SSD/Sandisk 120GB SSD/WD 1TB spinner/Asus GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB/Seasonic G450/NZXT Source 340/Dell U2917W
chrismarkham1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:16   #110
Cookie Monster
Your cookies belong to me!

Cookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Slash's bio.
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:27   #111
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Recently finished the painted man, very good intro to the series looking forward to reading the rest
Old 5th Apr 2011, 00:52   #112
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Slash's bio.
Great read.
Old 5th Apr 2011, 07:15   #113
Lovah
Apple and Canon fanboy

Lovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for presidentLovah should be considered for president
The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (still)
and Getting Things Done (finally)
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2ghz | iMac 27" i7 | iPad 2 16GB WIFI
Lovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 10:18   #114
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovah View Post
and Getting Things Done (finally)
Lol.

Relativity: The Special and the General Theory Second Edition - Will soon start reading this, so, I am putting it up now as about half way through I estimate my brain to dribble out of my ears and nose as it turns to mush.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:18   #115
TSDAdam
Beard!

TSDAdam has yet to learn the way of the DremelTSDAdam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A bit of Clancy action for me lately, The Hunt For Red October. Awesome.
TSDAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:36   #116
Puk
(A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.Puk is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm halfway through Patrick O'Brians Master and Commander, have the next three in the series lined up, think there's 21 in total! Just done the Wilbur Smith Ballentine novels. Bloody good reading!

www.pukit.com
Puk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:02   #117
Tibby
Technologic

Tibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run CrysisTibby can run Crysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gun_Seller

The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. Great book so far, and is even better if like me you have Hugh Laurie's voice reading it to you in your head! :P

(Although thanks to House he has an American accent...)
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:08   #118
cjmUK
Old git.

cjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run CrysiscjmUK can run Crysis
I'm actually reading Harry Potter at the moment... I think it's the Order of the Phoenix at the moment. Hardly intellectually demanding, but enjoyable enough.

10 years ago I was too old to be seen with reading kids books, but now I'm sufficiently old that I don't care.
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:17   #119
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd just like to say that so far, The Wise Man's Fear is brilliant. Kvothe is a great character, but he's beeing overshadowed at the moment by Master Elodin - The guy is awsome. Nutty than nutty thing, but awesome all the same.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:22   #120
DLDeadbolt
Space Cadet

DLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming SaiyanDLDeadbolt is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Meh... I don't care what age you are, really (Unless ofc, ur reading preteen books and your over 20)

I do tend to read a lot of manga / manwha, pretty much down to one series every week or two.
Just finished The Breaker (manwha) season one, and it was pretty good. Currently up to date with season 2.
Just started actively reading Susuka (again.. have also watched the anime) and have about 20-30 other series on backburners (I'll read a chapter here and there)
DLDeadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode