bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 27th Dec 2010, 20:27   #61
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
New info in 1st post.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Dec 2010, 22:21   #62
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great special in the Middle East, was hilarious how badly wrong their planning went.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 13:39   #63
Smilodon
The Antagonist

Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The muslim extremists didn't find it funny, though: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...KA-GEAR-STORM/

I thought it was a brilliant episode. The ending was awesome.
Old 28th Dec 2010, 13:54   #64
smc8788
...at least I have chicken

smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
The muslim extremists didn't find it funny, though: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...KA-GEAR-STORM/
Is that seriously what passes as journalism in the Daily Star? Filling half your article with a bunch of randomly sourced quotes from a cross section of the country's top weirdos and nutjobs? I don't know what would be sadder, that this was the best they could come up with, or that there is actually a large enough number of people in this country who read such dumbed-down drivel like that for them to be the paper's target audience

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 15:34   #65
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
Is that seriously what passes as journalism in the Daily Star? Filling half your article with a bunch of randomly sourced quotes from a cross section of the country's top weirdos and nutjobs? I don't know what would be sadder, that this was the best they could come up with, or that there is actually a large enough number of people in this country who read such dumbed-down drivel like that for them to be the paper's target audience
Sadly, yes to all of the above.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 18:20   #66
Smilodon
The Antagonist

Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The tragic part is that that is the article which were given as a source for the article in the Norwegian Newspaper I originally read about this in.

It's a trend that twitter and facebook are given as sources of information. That it pretty worrying IMO...
Old 28th Dec 2010, 18:31   #67
Otis1337
aka - Ripp3r

Otis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming SaiyanOtis1337 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
any word on cars that will be in the show? someone told me that the new Ford Focus RS500 will be on... a bloody Focus with 500hp.... madness!
Otis1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 18:36   #68
Snubbs
CustomPC Migration victim....

Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
any word on cars that will be in the show? someone told me that the new Ford Focus RS500 will be on... a bloody Focus with 500hp.... madness!
Focus with 350BHP in it, the "500" iirc is because there are 500 made.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fo...specifications
Old 28th Dec 2010, 21:22   #69
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I love this bunch of guys so much. They make me want to drive endlessly and I think it's what Top Gear should be about.

Great special. Not exactly on par with the Bolivia special, but still very very good

respect
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 21:40   #70
krakatoa3
How hard can it be??

krakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for president
Personal favourite special was Botswana, but this was still good fun to watch.

Failed to see the start, but did they have a 'here's what's coming up in this series' segment? Or is this not part of the series?
krakatoa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 21:56   #71
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
it was on the 21st's episode
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2010, 22:14   #72
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakatoa3 View Post
Personal favourite special was Botswana, but this was still good fun to watch.

Failed to see the start, but did they have a 'here's what's coming up in this series' segment? Or is this not part of the series?
Now on the first post of this thread.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2010, 00:16   #73
krakatoa3
How hard can it be??

krakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for presidentkrakatoa3 should be considered for president

WooooW. Now bouncing off the walls waiting for the 23rd.
Old 30th Dec 2010, 20:46   #74
j.col
Supermodder

j.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremelj.col has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i enjoyed the middle east special as well, but they did look silly in those burka's.
and then baby stig
Old 1st Jan 2011, 20:25   #75
SuperSquizzel
What's a Dremel?

SuperSquizzel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brilliant Christmas shows, the highlight of Christmas telly, with the exception of the 1st One Ronnie sketch with the Blackberry.

Roll on the next season!
SuperSquizzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 19:01   #76
Cookie Monster
Your cookies belong to me!

Cookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming SaiyanCookie Monster is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The Man in the White Suit

So I got Ben Collin's book for xmas and it's got me a bit confused.

Those of you who watched the xmas specials will have noticed the guys doing a drive by on cutouts of the Stig and Hammond having a bit of a rant as he turned his cutout around shouting something about shooting him in the back in return for what the Stig did.

Having read the book I can see no reason for this, yes he spoke about Jezza, May and Hamster but I couldn't see anything nasty or revealing about them that would warrant the abuse Stig received in the shows.

Has anyone else read it? What are your opinions?
Old 20th Jan 2011, 20:54   #77
SuicideNeil
Banned

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
The fact Collins wrote a book and outed himself as the Stig is what upset the Beeb and the other topgear presenters- the stig is ment to be an enigma, never to have his true identity revealed as it would spoil the whole mystery and fun surrounding the character. He didnt need to have said or done anything to personally upset Clarkson & co, he just pissed them & the beeb off by cashing in on his status.

Given that he used to drive some of the most awesome cars and meet some great celebs, and now is on 5th gear doing dreary reviews, seems like writing that book and revealing that he was the stig wasnt such a great career move..
SuicideNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 20:56   #78
krakatoa3
How hard can it be??

I think it's more that the Stig was meant to be a complete anonymous, he was just a white suit. By writing and saying that he was the Stig, it just destroyed the image of the Stig.

Or maybe they actually did believe the facts Jeremy said, and that he does only know 2 facts about ducks. Both of which are wrong.

Still, 3 days til the new series....
Old 20th Jan 2011, 20:58   #79
smc8788
...at least I have chicken

smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideNeil View Post
The fact Collins wrote a book and outed himself as the Stig is what upset the Beeb and the other topgear presenters- the stig is ment to be an enigma, never to have his true identity revealed as it would spoil the whole mystery and fun surrounding the character. He didnt need to have said or done anything to personally upset Clarkson & co, he just pissed them & the beeb off by cashing in on his status.
^This. It was never about him dishing dirt on the show or the other presenters, that wasn't even the intention of the book. He's just a greedy, fame-seeking t**t who deserves to be ridiculed in front of millions of people the world over. Read this, it explains in more detail:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...ig-he-is-ours/

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jan 2011, 21:22   #80
Smilodon
The Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
So I got Ben Collin's book for xmas and it's got me a bit confused.

Those of you who watched the xmas specials will have noticed the guys doing a drive by on cutouts of the Stig and Hammond having a bit of a rant as he turned his cutout around shouting something about shooting him in the back in return for what the Stig did.

Having read the book I can see no reason for this, yes he spoke about Jezza, May and Hamster but I couldn't see anything nasty or revealing about them that would warrant the abuse Stig received in the shows.

Has anyone else read it? What are your opinions?
I think the TG crew are pretty close to each other. Working that long together will often make colleagues seem like a "second family". Having Collins suddenly break out of that family, ignoring contracts and destroying one of the core features of the show, for his own winning probably made all the others feel like they were stabbed in the back. Imagine all the hard work that have gone into Stigs secrecy.

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, beware the super wang, both shows are wank, eddie you flippin ejit, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, whiners gunna whine

View Mode