bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 1st Feb 2014, 23:03   #141
ThirtyQuidKid
Supermodder

ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Yeah, sure you still need to pulse the coil, but it's easy to do imho. What I'm talking about is, that you don't need too care about the wick touching the body shorting out the circuit. That way you can forget about oxidizing the wick all the way through and just need to pulse it.
I see, at least we were arguing the same point.......

Nice work on the VAMO top cap makes it look a lot better without the gap
ThirtyQuidKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 10:18   #142
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Someone needs to do a brass and wooden Steampunk version.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 13:43   #143
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Someone needs to do a brass and wooden Steampunk version.
There's battery-mods available in brass and wood. The atomizers tho never use brass, as brass contains lead.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 14:51   #144
Andersen
Brain for hire

Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I was bored. 2x0,25mm kanthal A1 twisted.

Yes, top cap gets very hot very fast.
Samsung SF510 | Acer Iconia A1-810 | Samsung Galaxy S III LTE | Asus RT-AC66U | 100/10Mbps VDSL2
Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 18:43   #145
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
I think I'll use silica or cotton-wicks instead of the steelmesh, as the steelmesh simply tastes very bad in comparison. Even after completely oxidising and burning in the steelmesh on my RSST for two days now I can't get rid of the metallic taste.

So I ordered a AGA-T3 now, as it seems to be better suited for silica or cotton-wicks and I like the central wick-design. So now I've got a RSST, a RSST Pyrex and an AGA-T3 gennie to compare different setups, once all the parts have arrived.
That's some €300 spend on vaping-equipment since X-mas now, but I would've spend this much on cigarettes in the same time aswell

The Vamo V5 with the modded top-cap is awesome tho and I can very much recommend it at a price of only €40-50.

Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
Old 2nd Feb 2014, 23:06   #146
Andersen
Brain for hire

Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Andersen is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
I think I'll use silica or cotton-wicks instead of the steelmesh, as the steelmesh simply tastes very bad in comparison. Even after completely oxidising and burning in the steelmesh on my RSST for two days now I can't get rid of the metallic taste.
That could be a hidden hotspot. Finding it is easy on fresh setup: drip few drops on the coil until wick seems saturated (only top end needs to be). Hotspot is near the area where kanthal dries up first.

This does work with old setup but you'll have to 1: remove juice from tank 2: push ~50ml of water through it 3: dry the wick (tissue paper and dry fire). Rest of the procedure is same as for new setup.

I do that every time I whip up a mesh setup. No need to adjust it until I get careless when filling and bump the wick.
Samsung SF510 | Acer Iconia A1-810 | Samsung Galaxy S III LTE | Asus RT-AC66U | 100/10Mbps VDSL2
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 03:22   #147
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersen View Post
That could be a hidden hotspot. Finding it is easy on fresh setup: drip few drops on the coil until wick seems saturated (only top end needs to be). Hotspot is near the area where kanthal dries up first.

This does work with old setup but you'll have to 1: remove juice from tank 2: push ~50ml of water through it 3: dry the wick (tissue paper and dry fire). Rest of the procedure is same as for new setup.

I do that every time I whip up a mesh setup. No need to adjust it until I get careless when filling and bump the wick.
Too much hassle imho, and good silica or cotton-wick isn't really any less good than steelmesh, even on a gennie.

I'd go for a Taifun GT nano, but I dislike the fact that they are prone to flooding and gurgling. I've not had too bad experiences with the eCom BDC or the Aspire Nautilus BDC, but they do gurgle alot, even with their perfectly sealed coils.

The gennies are just so damn resiliant and easy to build when using silica-wicks and that makes them so attractive for me. And if you're using high-temperature silica-wicks they're just as good as a steelmesh tbh.

Old 3rd Feb 2014, 20:05   #148
bigc90210
Teh C

bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Free Vaper anyone (Worth 9.99)?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/f...option-1815522
Asus Maximus VI Extreme, i7 4770k @ 4.7GHz, EK Supremacy, Custom Triple Rad Loop, 32GB (4x8gb) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1600Mhz 1.5v, 3 x W/C Titans in SLI, 2x500gb Samsung 850 RAID 0, 2x2TB WD Greens in RAID 1, Corsair 540, Logitech G19, Razer Naga Molten, Razer Vaspula, Razer Kraken, Leap Motion, Double 27" 2560x1440p Dells, 4k Acer G-Sync,
bigc90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 22:04   #149
Grimloon
Hypermodder

Grimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
The best wick I've made for my RSST so far is 3mm ekowool over stainless mesh with a swan neck coil of 28 gauge kanthal. Second best is stainless mesh over braid. No need for oxidation at all on the first one and only a small piece of mesh on the second, just to act as an insulator for the coil.

I haven't managed to get ekowool over braid yet, it shreds itself too fast as I can't torch it to tighten the braid first, it tightens up too much. Maybe finding a smooth sleeve I can pull out after putting the ekowool over the braid? Hmm...

Next up is a mesh wrap around an ekowool core with a twisted pair swan neck wrap as while I get a shedload of vapour on seven full coils it runs in at 2.2 ohms, takes a few seconds to heat properly and eats batteries I'm generally running it at around 12 watts, it doesn't heat fast enough lower than that.

I've only been running a genesis style for 10 days so far, I have a lot of learning to do!
Grimloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 23:22   #150
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.
Anyone recommend a kit for a starter?
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2014, 23:31   #151
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingred View Post
Anyone recommend a kit for a starter?
I've posted this before, so I simply link you to my post about a good starter-kit.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost....&postcount=108

I've rebuild my RSST now with a 2x2mm high-temp silica-wick and a 1.4 Ohm 0.32mm Kanthal-coil. It works perfectly fine the way I want it to and vapes very nice on my 3.3V eVic.
No hassles and wicks very good so that I can take three long draws in a row without burning anything.

Anyways... I said that I didn't want to buy another attie, but I got a good deal for a Kayfun-clone (EHpro Lite Plus) for only €30, so I bought it to try out some microcoil-cotton setups with it.

But that's definately enough hardware bought for the time being now and I'll keep you updated on different setups and how I like them during the next weeks.

Old 4th Feb 2014, 14:47   #152
Panomama
I once signed up on uniform dating

Panomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPanomama is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
My vivi nova came today from vaper caper.

Apart from I ordered the large vivi nova with appropriate aluminum tank and got the mini vivi nova with the large tank so it's all pretty unusable..
Old 4th Feb 2014, 15:41   #153
jrs77
theorycrafting

Got my RSST Pyrex and the AGA-T3 in the mail today.

Three gennies in a row

Left to right: RSST Pyrex, RSST Standard, AGA-T3

And a closeup of the differences between the RSST and the AGA-T3.

The RSST Pyrex is sealed with lots of silicone to keep the steelmesh-wick from touching the body and I don't know if that stuff is resilient enough to use liquids with menthol or citrus in them. For my tobacco-flavoured juices this should do however.

The AGA-T3 has a central wickhole as you can see in the image and the centerpost holding the wick is where you attach your positive wire to aswell. Pretty nice solution if you ask me.
The tank looks alot smaller than on the RSST, but alot of liquid will be hiding in the centerpost around the wick.

Quality is good on all of them. No ugly edges, scratches or whatever.

Old 5th Feb 2014, 15:25   #154
jrs77
theorycrafting

And here's the Kayfun Lite clone.

Comes in a nice packaging...

..with some spareparts and a screwdriver.

The quality overall isn't bad, but the base isn't upto par with the original.

The screws for the airadjust and the fillhole are both on the bottom.

The two acrylic-tanks that come with this clone are nice aswell and the threads are well done. I'll probably be using the full acrylic one.

Old 5th Feb 2014, 15:57   #155
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Crazy this is just trading one habit for another.

I went from 20 cigs to nothing just put out the last one before bed and that was it (15yrs ago) first couple of weeks was a feeling of something missing but after that it gets easier.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2014, 17:00   #156
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by erratum1 View Post
Crazy this is just trading one habit for another.

I went from 20 cigs to nothing just put out the last one before bed and that was it (15yrs ago) first couple of weeks was a feeling of something missing but after that it gets easier.
Yes, it is somewhat like trading habots, but once you've got the equipment you want then it's really saving tons of money.

If we're only talking liquid then it's some 50 per week for fags vs. 5 per weeks for liquid. And eVaping doesn't smell like normal cigarettes would either as there's no tar, ashes, etc, so it's a step into the right direction imho, if you don't want to give up on nicotine.

And I know alot of people who vape liquids without nicotine aswell. they just like vaping like you would vape a shisha.

Old 5th Feb 2014, 20:18   #157
Andersen
Brain for hire

Quote:
The RSST Pyrex is sealed with lots of silicone to keep the steelmesh-wick from touching the body and I don't know if that stuff is resilient enough to use liquids with menthol or citrus in them. For my tobacco-flavoured juices this should do however.
Is it really silicone or just popypropylene like tank in original RSST? Soft or stiff material?

Anyway. Some silicone seals will absorp smells and be impossible to get clean again. But some are completely immune like those white ones is my Aga-T2 and they've tasted 33% licorice (dont try, gunks up the coil like mad) and Trololo for example.
Old 5th Feb 2014, 22:44   #158
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersen View Post
Is it really silicone or just popypropylene like tank in original RSST? Soft or stiff material?

Anyway. Some silicone seals will absorp smells and be impossible to get clean again. But some are completely immune like those white ones is my Aga-T2 and they've tasted 33% licorice (dont try, gunks up the coil like mad) and Trololo for example.
Definately soft silicone on the RSST Pyrex around the centerpoost and in the bottom sealing the tank.

I've now setup the Kayfun with a 2Ohm coil (0.32mm Kanthal) and it vapes quiet nicely. For comparison I installed a 2 Ohm coil on the AGA-T3 with a 0.2mm Kanthal-wire as I did on the RSST Pyrex.

The best result is achieved - who wonders - with the Kayfun, but when vaping it whistles and I don't like that at all. The whistling is caused by the airhole.
The AGA-T3 is better than the RSSTs, but still not as good as my Aspire Nautilus, which has a BDC @ 1.6 Ohm, so I need to lower the resistance on that one aswell, probably building a microcoil with 0.32mm Kanthal to get a better vape out of it.

I also got a 18650-tube for my eVic EasyHead and a 2600mAh battery, which makes it as tall as my Vamo V5 with the 18350-tube. I'm basically using the Vamo V5 only for setting up the coils and testing as I like the ease of use and the USB-passthrough on the eVic.

To get the best vape out of the Kayfun or the AGA-T3 on my eVic EasyHead @ 3.3V I need to lower the resistances on the coils to some 1.4 Ohm, which shouldn't be too hard to do, but I'll vape them with the 2 Ohm coils now until the tanks are empty. Just for comparison.

The RSSTs are cheap and easy to setup using steelmesh, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The AGA-T3 is just as easy to setup using 3x 2mm silica-wick or cotton and it vapes better, allthough it's also an gennie.

The AGA-T3 needs more oopmh than the Kayfun to be enjoyable so you'll drain your battery way faster, but at €30 it's definately a very good RBA as you can use it with silica or even cotton-wicks - something I wouldn't recommend for the RSST or most other gennies. The central wick is just perfect for silica or cotton-wicks and you don't need to tilt the attie to get it wicking decently.

The drawback with the Kayfun - besides the whistling noise of my clone - is that it doesn't have a Pyrex-tank, but some sort of plastic. So you either need to use the steel tank, which makes it kinda hard to fill imho or you're limited to liquids that don't destroy the plastics. Same goes for the other bottom-coil RBAs like the Taifun GT or the Squape and these two don't even have a fillhole, so you allways need to unscrew the tank to refill them.

All in all I'd recommend the AGA-T3, as it's quiet cheap at €30 and you can use silica or cotton-wicks. You can also reduild it without draining the tank and if you build a nice microcoil at < 1.6 Ohm you can even get a good vape out of it with a 3.3V regulated battery-mod like the eVic EasyHead or your standard slim 510-batteries.

For those who don't want to built their own setups I suggest getting an Aspire Nautilus with 1.6 Ohm-coils, as it's a very decent vape, and if you apply a little more oopmh to it - I tried it on the Vamo V5 with 4 Volts/10 Watts - it's just as good as the Kayfun Lite Plus imho, but the coils won't last as long.

So that's it for now

Last edited by jrs77; 5th Feb 2014 at 22:54.
Old 5th Feb 2014, 22:48   #159
ThirtyQuidKid
Supermodder

ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
And here's the Kayfun Lite clone.
Is that a slowtech clone or sourced from the UK/EU??? It looks quite good for a clone.
ThirtyQuidKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2014, 23:06   #160
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyQuidKid View Post
Is that a slowtech clone or sourced from the UK/EU??? It looks quite good for a clone.
It's from EHpro. And yes, it's one of the better clones, especially for it's pricepoint of €40.

The threads and the overall finish are perfectly fine, but the base is alittle messy. Works without problems tho.

Tags
say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode