bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 9th Oct 2014, 10:17   #101
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.
Greetings!

Quote:
Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...via-simple-mod
Old 13th Oct 2014, 22:59   #102
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.
Greetings!

Quote:
Welcome to the Windows Feature Suggestion Box!

Windows Feature Suggestion Box provides the Windows PC/Tablet user community with a channel for feedback. To help us build the best version of Windows ever, we created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...re-suggestions
Old 14th Oct 2014, 07:38   #103
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...sider-program/
Quote:
Over the weekend, we hit 1 million registrants for the Windows Insider Program. That equates to a lot of people using the Windows 10 Technical Preview and sending us feedback. How much feedback? Over 200,000 pieces of user-initiated feedback have been submitted to us via the Windows Feedback app from Windows Insiders like you. (BTW, we have a TLA—“three letter acronym”–for these: “UIFs”.) Matt Goldstein is a Windows Insider and actually developed a script that looks at the top feedback that has been sent in so far – see this article from Paul Thurrott for the rundown. This showcases how helpful it is for you to click the “me too” button when you see someone else’s feedback that you agree with or are experiencing yourself.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2014, 08:53   #104
Gaming_freak_10
Ultramodder

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
I am planning to install Windows 10 on a future ssd when I make my purchase. I already downloaded the preview. I hope that my experience with the preview will bear fruit for everyone.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Black Fox: Processor: AMD FX-6300. Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 5.0). 16GB DDR3 RAM. 64GB SSD. 640GB and 320GB HDDs. XFX 5770 HD Graphic card. Case: Thermaltake Core V21. PSU: EVGA NEX750B 750Watt PSU

In memory of Kidmod-Southpaw (1997 - 2014) and Teelzebub (1955 - 2016)
Gaming_freak_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2014, 10:54   #105
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
Windows 10: File Explorer gets the Share contract

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...share-contract
Quote:
Windows 10s very different way of updating
Preview builds and multiple update speeds will make for an all-new Windows.

With Windows 10, the update approach is set to change substantially. Microsoft is acknowledging the need, and even desirability, of making regular incremental improvements to its operating system. It's also, however, acknowledging the different appetite for change between consumers and enterprise users.

While all users, both enterprise and otherwise, will be using the same core operating system, for the first time, there will be different update policies for different kinds of user. The old fiction of not making feature changes to a shipping operating system is finally being put to bed.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...y-of-updating/
Old 16th Oct 2014, 10:09   #106
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
Windows 10 registry tweak to see new preview builds will block future updates

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...future-updates
Old 16th Oct 2014, 19:08   #107
Corky42

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Welcome to the Windows Feature Suggestion Box!
https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...ns/filters/top
Quote:
Windows Feature Suggestion Box provides the Windows PC/Tablet user community with a channel for feedback. To help us build the best version of Windows ever, we created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.
  • If there are features or design changes you hope to see in the next version of Windows, submit them right here!
  • In order to understand which features people MOST want, you get to vote on the feature suggestions that are already here. We have set the number of votes you have available on your favorite suggestions to 20. Vote for your favorite features now!
Old 18th Oct 2014, 23:01   #108
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
Windows 10: the top 10 most requested features
Microsoft wants feedback and it's getting it

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/17/6...s-top-requests
Old 19th Oct 2014, 02:00   #109
GTIgeneral
Supermodder

GTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming SaiyanGTIgeneral is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How stable is windows 10 for everyday use? thinking of giving it a bash on my laptop
GTIgeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2014, 03:43   #110
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Probably fine for daily fluting about. But I wouldn't do anything Misson critical on our.
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2014, 09:20   #111
Corky42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIgeneral View Post
How stable is windows 10 for everyday use? thinking of giving it a bash on my laptop
Stable almost certainly, everyday use defiantly not IMHO.
Old 20th Oct 2014, 10:50   #112
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
A first look at the Windows 10 Technical Preview
Back to the drawing board

http://techreport.com/review/27230/a...hnical-preview
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 02:14   #113
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
New preview build available

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 10:51   #114
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
First major update to Windows 10 Preview, delivered through Windows Update
Build 9860 brings a notification center, more animations, and some bugs.

We've written before about Windows 10's new updating policy, and today we're seeing the real-world result for the first time. The Windows 10 Technical Preview, build 9849, is being updated to build 9860. That update will roll out automatically to members of the Windows Insider program, and it will be delivered through Windows Update.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...indows-update/
Quote:
Windows 10 Technical Preview Gets Its First Update

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8634/w...s-first-update
Quote:
Windows 10: A closer look at Data Sense

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...-at-data-sense
Quote:
Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...-saver-feature
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 11:37   #115
loftie
Mod Master

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Will be interesting to see how Battery Saver affects Windows. I wonder if it will only stop Live Tiles updating or if it'll restrict desktop programs running in the background as well. Either way, both the Sense features seem the same as their WP8.1 versions.
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 11:38   #116
Krazeh
Mod Master

Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
Stable almost certainly, everyday use defiantly not IMHO.

I've been using it as my only OS since the technical preview started and I haven't run into any significant issues.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2014, 12:59   #117
Corky42

You know one thing that has struck me with all this feedback Microsoft is getting on W10, with what i assume is a new way of working for the developers.

Would they be enjoying the new process or if it's just a PITA for them, does feedback actually help developers or hinder them ? I would assume help, but as I'm not a developer IDK.
Old 23rd Oct 2014, 10:24   #118
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
Windows 10: Enhancements to security

Microsoft is in full development mode for Windows 10, and one item that is likely on the minds of many are the new security features coming with the platform. Seeing that data breaches, identity theft, and malware are real and consistent threats, Windows 10 needs to be built to project against threats of today and tomorrow too.

To that degree, Microsoft has posted a rather lengthy piece that talks about the new security features coming with Windows 10, but to save you a bit of time, we have them summarized below.

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-1...ts-to-secuirty
Quote:
With Gadgets long dead, Microsoft should give us pinned Live Tiles in Windows 10

If you would like to contribute to the feedback on this subject, open the Windows Feedback app, then go to Desktop > Desktop background and search tiles for the existing feedback on this subject.

http://www.neowin.net/news/with-gadg...-in-windows-10
Old 29th Oct 2014, 16:18   #119
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just noticed the current build has the notification centre... thing...

... only just noticed as since installing I've has the sum total of 0 notifications...

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Nov 2014, 11:52   #120
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Greetings!

Quote:
Next version of Windows 10 preview will let you hide search and virtual desktop buttons

http://www.neowin.net/news/next-vers...esktop-buttons
Quote:
Windows 10 Enterprise Features Announced

Are you playing with the Windows 10 Technical Preview like many of us? MS recently revealed the enterprise-oriented management options for Windows 10 and will start working some of them into future tech preview releases. Woot!

Quote:
Expected around the middle of next year, the new operating system will include a variety of new UI elements to make it more user friendly than Windows 8, including a Start menu, virtual desktops, and resizable Windows Store apps that behave more like legacy apps. Though less visible than these UI changes, Windows 10's beneath-the-hood improvements for enterprises will be equally important, allowing businesses to deploy and manage the OS more easily than they have with past versions.
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2014/11/...ures_announced