1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connections Advice (kinda urgent)

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Kehoe, 25 Aug 2015.

1. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Hi guys, just ordered a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm, After reading online apparently you cannot swap the barbs over :-/ as they are not standard g1/4 threads Ok no biggie it says under the spec it uses 3/8, i currently run my rig with 3/8"ID - 1/2"OD Primochill hose, but when i've looked online there is also 3/8"ID-5/8"OD Hoses, the card just says Supported Tube Size 3/8 inch. Will my existing tubing work, as if so i can just clamp it on.

Looking at the card i think its going to be 3/8"-5/8"

Really hoping someone can help >_< so if i cannot use this card i can cancel it and save posting it back

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

The review here says you can replace the barbs so you should be able to use fittings of your choice. I think you might be confusing the port size with the barb size.

3. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

the review here, and info i found here say you cannot swap the barbs, but the website just says they take 3/8 tubing.

4. Big Elf

You're right it looks like they use non standard threads. Zotac are idiots.

Last edited: 25 Aug 2015
  5. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

the barb connection isnt g1/4 its m18 apparently, thats according to the 2nd link, i don't mind if i cant swap the barbs im trying to find out if something that takes 3/8's, is that the same regardless of the OD. If it says ID3/8s

6. Big Elf

Yes, if the ID is 3/8" then because they're barbs you can use tubing with any 3/8"ID, 1/2"OD or 3/8"ID, 5/8"OD. Bear in mind if you did plan to SLI a pair in future it would be difficult to connect 2 cards and you wouldn't be able to use hardline tubing.

7. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

thanks, i dont plan to sli, 1 card will do everything i'll ever want it to.

fingers crossed it all goes smooth. i'll still try one of my barbs i have but i've got backups now at least

thanks ^_^