1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Strix GTX 970/Asus PB298Q No Display Port Signal

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Plastic_Manc, 7 Dec 2015.

1. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Hi there,

As the title suggests, I have a Strix GTX 970 and over the weekend had a PB298Q delivered which is absolutely lovely. My problem however is that i can only get a signal to the monitor under HDMI. When I first installed the Display port cable (supplied with the monitor) I picked up a signal no problem and it even re-booted without issue...but only the once.

Subsequently, it will not pick up the display port signal either upon fresh boot or swapping out when on. I have the latest drivers installed so at a bit of a loss?

Thanks in advance,

Plastic

2. Ryan@ASUS

Ryan@ASUS What's a Dremel? Moderator

Hi Plastic,

Do you see the POST screen over DisplayPort?
    Have you selected the DisplayPort menu from the OSD?
    Have you got a spare DisplayPort cable you can try with?

Ryan

3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Hi Ryan,

No POST screen at all, fine under HDMI and DVI.
    Yes!
    No, I was previously running DVI so first time with Displayport. I can get one however.

Thanks,

Plastic

4. Ryan@ASUS

It's a tough one to diagnose since it could be the port on the GPU, port on the monitor or the cable with an issue (or a compatibility issue between the two but this seems very unlikely).

By process of elimination it might be possible to attribute it to something. A different cable rules out the cable, trying with another display port monitor could rule out the GPU or monitor or trying with another graphics card could rule out those too. Really depends on the kit you have on hand, this really is difficult to diagnose. Are you capable of testing some/all of these?

As far as I can see you'll get 2560*1080*60Hz (the max res + refresh rate of this monitor) using HDMI or DisplayPort, but I totally get you wouldn't want to have a product with functions that don't work properly.

5. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Thanks for your help Ryan, it isn't the end of the world that DP isn't working as the difference from my old 20" 1680x1050 is phenominal. I will attempt to isolate the problem though.

6. Ryan@ASUS

You obviously don't have to but as it stands it's difficult to tell what's faulty and as such customer services can't really do a lot.

If you can attribute it to the GPU or Monitor, providing they are within warranty periods, (which I presume they both are as they are current-gen models) you should be able to get a repair or replacement that fixes the issue from ASUS UK.

Glad you're enjoying the monitor upgrade though, the ultrawide monitors are pretty tasty! I reviewed a few when I was working with HEXUS.

7. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Holy thread revival! Reason being I'm picking up a new rtx 2070 tomorrow with no DVI (will be Display port 1.4) so I'm praying all will be well but wanted a touch point if things don't work.

Wish me luck!

Plastic

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

If you do have an issue, I'd not hold my breath for an Asus Rep to respond on this forum. They haven't been active on here for a long time.