bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 21st Feb 2016, 18:42   #1
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Photo Recovery on Android

so my mother turned to be earlier on after accidentally deleting some of her old photos on her Galaxy S5 Mini and asked if i could recover them

so i fired up Recuva from Priform and set to work as normal, only to be stopped instantly by Recuva, not being able to communicate with my mothers phone, so i went to manually set it to mass storage mode only to find the option has now been removed. The only options are PTP or MTP

so basically i need a program that can recover her photos from the device either installed to the device or used from my PC

any thoughts ?
Old 21st Feb 2016, 19:19   #2
roundyz
Multimodder

roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.roundyz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
could you flash it to a rom that supports mass storage mode and leave the user partition (SD) intact?
roundyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2016, 19:54   #3
Buzzons
Mod Master

Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Buzzons is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Worth checking to see if they've automatically been backed up to google drive? (it's usually on by default)
Buzzons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2016, 20:50   #4
wolfticket
Downwind from the bloodhounds

wolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyanwolfticket is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I generally wouldn't advise writing to storage you wish to recover from, but a quick search of the Play Store suggests there are a few well reviewed recovery apps for Android that would run on the device.

I think my go to recovery software PhotoRec might be able to do MTP too: http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_FAQ

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought."
Dorothy L. Sayers (1893 - 1957)

Last edited by wolfticket; 23rd Feb 2016 at 20:55.
wolfticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2016, 09:30   #5
Rhydian
Hypermodder

Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.Rhydian is definitely a rep cheat.
Could be backed up on a few options on the phone she doesn't know about.

Dropbox and Drive etc.
Rhydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2016, 09:03   #6
Duncan7722
What's a Dremel?

Duncan7722 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I also need to recover my deleted photos from my Samsung S6, any help?
Duncan7722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 14:43   #7
afrasiab
What's a Dremel?

afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.
the photos can be recovered easily by using apps which are available on playstore. I have used an app which I find on playstore which have recovered my photos.
afrasiab is offline   Reply With Quote