bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 5th Mar 2016, 15:03   #141
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think you'll find that it's a bit more complicated than that.

Currently the French allow UK customs to check immigrants on French territory. This means that when they claim asylum, they do it in France and become France's problem. If the French allow immigrants to travel on to the UK (and why wouldn't they? They stop being their problem then), then UK customs have to catch them as they enter the UK. If they claim asylum at that point, they'll be doing it on UK territory and they become the UK's problem. I mean, how do you get rid of them? It's not like you can frogmarch them en masse onto a plane back to Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan (which would amount to quite a bill anyway). They may have no passports. Airlines will not take them. The receiving countries may not accept them and put them straight back on a plane to the UK.

The border control agreement between France and the UK is separate from the EU, but only exists because of the EU. There is absolutely nothing else in it for France to keep it going.

As an aside, if this proud nation had not dicked about in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001, most of these refugees wouldn't exist. What goes around...

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.

Last edited by Nexxo; 5th Mar 2016 at 15:08.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2016, 15:10   #142
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
As an aside, if this proud nation had not dicked about in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001, most of these refugees wouldn't exist.
They would still exist because America would still have been out there.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2016, 15:14   #143
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
As an aside, if this proud nation had not dicked about in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001, most of these refugees wouldn't exist. What goes around...
THIS!
Old 5th Mar 2016, 15:16   #144
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
They would still exist because America would still have been out there.
Maybe, although how keen the US would have been to go it alone without any support from another NATO country might be debated. At least the UK could disavow responsibility for the refugee problem. Now that is a lot more difficult. Other European countries may well see themselves lumbered with a problem created by the US and UK.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2016, 15:20   #145
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very keen. The US loves a good war.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2016, 17:37   #146
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Agreed Nexxo. We have to take the blame for Blair's ego and desire to leave a mark on the world.
The only issue I have with the migrants coming to Europe is there are other countries with similar beliefs etc like Iran or Syria. Part of the reason Syria has political unrest is the influx of refugees unsettling the balance thus making issues worse.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2016, 18:17   #147
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman View Post
Part of the reason Syria has political unrest is the influx of refugees unsettling the balance thus making issues worse.
Wait what?

also

Quote:
The only issue I have with the migrants coming to Europe is there are other countries with similar beliefs etc like Iran or Syria.
[citation needed]
Old 6th Mar 2016, 18:51   #148
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
I think he means muslim countries.

That's actually one of my main critizism aswell with the huge influx of muslims into europe. Alot of muslims - not all mind you - are unwilling to accept the secular system of western countries and rank their faith above our general laws.
That being said there's lot's of christians aswell around, who don't understand the secular system and bring their faith into every damn discussion where it doesn't belong. Especially in the US that's a big problem imho.

Multi-culti doesn't work too well, and rather than integrate we should assimilate immigrants.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2016, 20:11   #149
Pliqu3011
busy surrounding skeleton

Pliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
The only issue I have with the migrants coming to Europe is there are other countries with similar beliefs etc like Iran or Syria. Part of the reason Syria has political unrest is the influx of refugees unsettling the balance thus making issues worse.
I'm a bit confused by this. As far as I know people are fleeing from Syria, not to (though there are internally displaced people of course).

That aside, neighbouring muslim countries do take the majority of the refugees:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refuge...rian_Civil_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Alot of muslims - not all mind you - are unwilling to accept the secular system of western countries and rank their faith above our general laws.
"a lot... but not all" sets off my internal weasel word alarm. Could you back up this claim? Has any research been done on this? I'm genuinely interested.

Last edited by Pliqu3011; 6th Mar 2016 at 20:17.
Pliqu3011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2016, 20:58   #150
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
wrong kind of muslims - note assad allies are shia - apparently the `other side` or some of them receive money from the house of saud = suuni. finally you have the sufi muslims who everyone in Syria/Iraq attack.

Last edited by Harlequin; 7th Mar 2016 at 14:30.
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2016, 21:31   #151
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Iraq and afghan we can not just blame on America. Britain is Americas chief ally to think they would of went without us is crazy talk. Blair and Bush together wanted to make a stand against the Taliban in Afghan at least.

Iraq is a different debate really, truth will never come out properly on that one. They thought he had WMDs well we helped create those.

America and England are at fault for a lot of things both good and bad. There's acts in England's history that are very much things that people want to forget.

Leaving the EU either way will not have an effect on the UKs continuing involvement in those things. Even if we left NATO it would not have an affect. USA and Uk relationship is a lot deeper than just a NATO treaty. Even without it America and the U.K. Would still share resources.

I am niether for or against leaving the EU it has its benefits and cons and a lot of people are like this. Most will be blackmailed into a stay vote like it not.

The company I work for has already told us a leave vote is 50% reduncies at a minimum for our office alone.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2016, 09:48   #152
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Iraq and afghan we can not just blame on America. Britain is Americas chief ally to think they would of went without us is crazy talk. Blair and Bush together wanted to make a stand against the Taliban in Afghan at least
Just my opinion but i think Bush was just looking for an excuse to finish off what daddy didn't in the first gulf war, Blair was like a besotted teenager and became enthralled by Bush and his righteous, almost religious fervor.

We're pushing through a law in less than a year that will have far reaching consequences on peoples lives all over the world in the form of the IPB but a simple report takes six times longer.

/Rant

Last edited by Corky42; 7th Mar 2016 at 12:32. Reason: Missed a have
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2016, 10:19   #153
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I think I have a rather strange stance on this..

I have been brought up to feel that I have to vote, becuase I have the option to do so.

In an ideal world I'd vote for us to stay in a reformed Union, but I don't think what we've agreed on goes anywhere near far enough, particularly in terms of financial regulations and border controls, being an island.

So, as I cannot honestly vote to stay, I feel I have to vote out. That being said, I'm still incredibly conflicted about doing sao.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2016, 10:26   #154
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliqu3011 View Post
"a lot... but not all" sets off my internal weasel word alarm. Could you back up this claim? Has any research been done on this? I'm genuinely interested.
A lot doesn't necessarily mean the majority. 20% is allready a lot imho.

There has been research done about this in Germany where I lived for 25 years, and ofc I witnessed some of this myself living in major cities with big muslim communities.

On another note, look at the current elections in Germany. The AfD (a rightwing party) snagged 10-15% of the votes in Hessen, which is a direct answer to the current immigration/refugee-politics.
Other EU-countries are moving more to the rightwing for years allready.

Anyways, the EU will implode, if this trend continues and it really doesn't matter what the UK decides in the end. The question is, if you jump ship and try getting into a liferaft beforehand or if you wait until the ship sinks.

Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
Old 7th Mar 2016, 10:32   #155
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I think I have a rather strange stance on this..

I have been brought up to feel that I have to vote, becuase I have the option to do so.

In an ideal world I'd vote for us to stay in a reformed Union, but I don't think what we've agreed on goes anywhere near far enough, particularly in terms of financial regulations and border controls, being an island.

So, as I cannot honestly vote to stay, I feel I have to vote out. That being said, I'm still incredibly conflicted about doing sao.
That's my thinking aswell. The EU in it's current form isn't what I and many others envisioned or hoped it would be. Big reforms are'nt in sight and that's why I'd rather see the current EU dissolved and reverted back to the ETC and start a new approach for a unified Europe from scratch.

Old 7th Mar 2016, 21:50   #156
g1lgamesh
Multimodder

g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
Very keen. The US loves a good war.

Lol but it has NEVER won one on its own against a 1st world nation
g1lgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2016, 21:54   #157
g1lgamesh
Multimodder

g1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyang1lgamesh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It is not often I post on a subject like this; as I have to be careful due representing certain companies..... However personally I am OUT of the EU, for one reason only.... It is FAR TOO soon and we don't know enough about each other as of yet. We all had a war not 70 years ago and we have all been scrapping since 700AD! At this moment I would say no to the UK in the EU... BUT approach us again in two hundred years time when we have all learned to trust each other and there has been no wars within the EU.

We love Europe as a people and their myriad of cultures, but as a political entity no way.
Old 7th Mar 2016, 22:06   #158
g1lgamesh
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
I think he means muslim countries.

That's actually one of my main critizism aswell with the huge influx of muslims into europe. Alot of muslims - not all mind you - are unwilling to accept the secular system of western countries and rank their faith above our general laws.
That being said there's lot's of christians aswell around, who don't understand the secular system and bring their faith into every damn discussion where it doesn't belong. Especially in the US that's a big problem imho.

Multi-culti doesn't work too well, and rather than integrate we should assimilate immigrants.
Interesting thinking there.
But take it one step further, religion is the problem not just Islam but all organised religions. They all pretend to be good as their 'holy book' says so and other such rubbish

I will counter by a quote from Sir Arthur C Clarke

" It is one of the greatest tragedies of mankind that MORALITY has been hijacked by religion! One does NOT need religion to be moral-instead one should be moral for moralities sake"

Case in point, this nutter in my city of Leeds, whom was touting the bible and screaming that the UK is only for Christianity and that Islam is an invading religion. To which i quite rightly pointed out.... hang on YOU are an invading religion. The natural religion of Albion is Druidism-if you were a druid you might have a point but you arent you are a Christian and therefore belong to an invading religion.

Point I am making is Islam isnt the issue-RELIGION as whole is the issue! I think we need some sanity back.
Old 7th Mar 2016, 22:17   #159
Pliqu3011
busy surrounding skeleton

Pliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming SaiyanPliqu3011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1lgamesh View Post
It is not often I post on a subject like this; as I have to be careful due representing certain companies..... However personally I am OUT of the EU, for one reason only.... It is FAR TOO soon and we don't know enough about each other as of yet. We all had a war not 70 years ago and we have all been scrapping since 700AD! At this moment I would say no to the UK in the EU... BUT approach us again in two hundred years time when we have all learned to trust each other and there has been no wars within the EU.

We love Europe as a people and their myriad of cultures, but as a political entity no way.
Again I am thoroughly confused by an argument. How would stepping out of (and thereby damaging) a union of European countries improve the chances of peace between the UK and said European countries over the next _ years?
Old 7th Mar 2016, 22:27   #160
g1lgamesh
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliqu3011 View Post
Again I am thoroughly confused by an argument. How would stepping out of (and thereby damaging) a union of European countries improve the chances of peace between the UK and said European countries over the next _ years?
What peace? 70 years of peace in how long? A thousand years?

Also did i say it would improve? I Actually alluded that the UK should NEVER have joined in the first place.... it is too soon.

But then again you sound biased, so no amount of explanation would suffice.

Tags
bit-tech breakfast thread, brexit means breakfast, derailment: the thread, fear mongering!!, findyerdummies, god save the queen!, grow up people, i'm not f**ked, immigration, internet fight, jesus christ this thread, jesus this echo chamber, little britain, nexxo needs to stop, nexxo versus, no we are not all f**ked, remoaner circle jerk, someone is obsessing!!!, storm in a teacup, unicorn fetish, we totally are f**ked, were all f**ked now, what is the eu?, wheres walle's breakfast?, £3.50 to the nhs!