bit-tech.net

Old 6th Jun 2016, 00:32   #1
ArthurBuse
CustomBitChimps member

ArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the DremelArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Unable to get work units

For the past 6 days I have been unable to get work units.
I am using client 7.4.4 on Linux Mint. CPU is an old AMD 8-core. I get lots of log messages like this:
Quote:
[93m22:38:22:WARNING:WU00:FS00:Failed to get assignment from '171.64.65.35:80': Empty work server assignment[0m
[91m22:38:22:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment
ArthurBuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2016, 07:33   #2
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Are you running a GPU as well, so that you have the number of CPUs set to 7?
Prime numbers, and multiples of large primes, are an issue, and 7 has been 'banned'. Try setting the number of CPUs to 6.

If this is not the case, and you have it set to 8, then I'd delete the slot, save and then re-add a slot.
Old 7th Jun 2016, 17:51   #3
ArthurBuse
CustomBitChimps member

ArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the DremelArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks, that fixed it.
FAH was folding on 7 cores, leaving one for me as it was set to Medium use. FAH refuses to use my ancient GPU but it is good enough for me as I do not play games. I have now configured it to use 6 cores.
ArthurBuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2016, 17:14   #4
Bogdanovki
What's a Dremel?

Bogdanovki has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Unable to get work units

I have no trouble getting work units, but I now have 4 work units that could not be sent to the server. 1 Per GPU... . Anyone got any ideas?
Bogdanovki is offline   Reply With Quote