bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Asus UK

Old 14th Sep 2016, 15:21   #1
jonydg
What's a Dremel?

jonydg has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
GPU Warranty Question.

Hi,

Purchased a Nvidia 1080 Strix and i'm wondering what Asus' stance on warranty if fitting a GPU water block, would the warranty be voided if the stock cooler is removed?

Thanks.

Jony.
jonydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2016, 21:16   #2
TheMadDutchDude
Mod Master

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You will lose your warranty as there is a sticker over one of four of the screws holding the cooler in place. It's a 'warranty void if removed/tampered' sticker.

I may be mistaken, and it may be wise to wait for someone from ASUS to confirm this ... but I have a good feeling that this is the case.
Gamer: ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4 GHz | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480 8GB | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass | Win 10 Home | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920
Ultrabook: ASUS ZenBook UX305F
TheMadDutchDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2016, 14:16   #3
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Will_ASUSUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi, If you peel the stick off to do this, which I believe you have to when attaching a water block plate, you will void your warranty. Kind Regards.
Will_ASUSUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2016, 15:20   #4
jonydg
What's a Dremel?

jonydg has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is a large sticker which isn't covering any screws but on further inspection there is a small sticker on one of the screws that holds the cooler in place.

Should have been more patient and waited for the EVGA cards to come in stock.

Thanks though for clearing that up for me.

Jony
jonydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2016, 23:48   #5
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Not that I would ever suggest doing this because it is totally underhand and stuff, but it is possible to remove those stickers intact then put them back in place afterwards.

I make up-to-date Windows ISOs for the making of faster installs
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2016, 13:48   #6
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonydg View Post
There is a large sticker which isn't covering any screws but on further inspection there is a small sticker on one of the screws that holds the cooler in place.

Should have been more patient and waited for the EVGA cards to come in stock.

Thanks though for clearing that up for me.

Jony
No problem. I believe EVGA have this on their cards too as I have owned EVGA models previously.
Kind Regards.
Old 19th Sep 2016, 13:48   #7
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by noizdaemon666 View Post
Not that I would ever suggest doing this because it is totally underhand and stuff, but it is possible to remove those stickers intact then put them back in place afterwards.
Tsk tsk
Old 20th Sep 2016, 16:20   #8
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_ASUSUK View Post
Tsk tsk
Oh no yu di'n't! /sass

Plus, it isn't my fault if your warranty seals are easily avoided haha

Old 26th Sep 2016, 09:38   #9
Will_ASUSUK
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by noizdaemon666 View Post
Oh no yu di'n't! /sass

Plus, it isn't my fault if your warranty seals are easily avoided haha
Not really an easy way to get one that works. We will know, we will know
Old 28th Sep 2016, 12:27   #10
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_ASUSUK View Post
Not really an easy way to get one that works. We will know, we will know
Glue. Glue everything down so if someone removes a heatsink it takes half the PCB components with it. Then sit and wait giggling like a schoolgirl for the tortured screams of thousands of PC enthusiasts.

/Satan

Old 6th Oct 2016, 10:39   #11
Vault-Tec
Banned

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's absolutely that ^.

AMD are on a very strict budget with the 4x0 cards due to them having to keep the prices really low.

However, if you contact Sapphire (Ed in particular) they will send out review samples.
Vault-Tec is online now   Reply With Quote