bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 24th Dec 2016, 11:10   #41
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
The context of core identity was that of a biological construct , namely your sex. That is not an intrapersonal and changing experience.
As Corky42 points out: your core identity is not your biological makeup.

Quote:
It may be complex but not complex enough since someone apparently figured out that by targeting children early on in their development it was possible to shape their minds to have them go against what they inherently would go for, namely identify sexually with their biological sex had they been left alone. In this case we're not talking about nature but of foul play.
I think that these things possibly happen because gender is complex and people don't get how it works. In any case the mother's scheme wouldn't have worked anyway. You can raise a boy as a girl or vice versa but some tragic real life examples show that all you do is mess them up --their gender (as wired into their brain, the one they experience) will eventually assert itself anyway.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2016, 12:18   #42
Awoken
Gazing at the stars

Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.Awoken is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
Degrees aren't particularly difficult to achieve (finances not withstanding ) and don't offer much beyond a starting point for a career. So peeing match comparisons between disciplines don't offer much.

That being said, in my world PPE means things like safety glasses, high visibility vests, steel toe boots etc. Which makes Cameron's degree amusing.
50% of the country struggles to get a C in GCSE mathematics.

Many struggle to get 5 GCSEs and having worked in HR, the idea that there are hundreds of degree level students out there for the picking is just ridiculous (despite the nonsesnse the national press try to feed everyone).

A 'C' in mathematics and a degree are a base requirement for most entry level 'careers'.

Try joining the rest of us in 'reality' where degrees are still tough to get, especially in a STEM subject and anything 2:2 or above is even rarer.
Old 24th Dec 2016, 17:15   #43
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The colleges I went to must have been for dunces.

If someone shows up and does the work they'll get a degree. I found my leaving certificate much more difficult than doing a degree.

Funnily enough I got a D2 (barely passing ) in my final maths exam in secondary school. I showed up but I didn't do the work, fell behind and never caught up.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2016, 18:02   #44
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
The colleges I went to must have been for dunces.
Well, you went there, so... er...

Oh, come on. I couldn't let that opening pass.

Old 24th Dec 2016, 20:59   #45
Isitari
Supermodder

Isitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming SaiyanIsitari is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Physics / Astronomy teacher here. The expected pass rate for students attaining both English and Maths for the new GCSEs next year will be 35%. Also letter grades are being phased out with most stopping this year English and Maths already gone. Grades are now 1-9 with 9 being the highest and only achieved by the top 4%. A 5 is a pass and equivalent to a high C / low B. Remember if they fail English or Maths they have to retake it until they pass...

FYI : The new GCSEs are a lot harder, contain large amounts of A-level content, require huge amounts of recall and are almost equivalent to O-level difficulty. British education is feeling more and more like climbing trees when only a few of our kids are monkeys...

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
Isitari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Dec 2016, 22:13   #46
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

In the Netherlands we have a 1-10 rating with 6 and above being a pass. A 7 is good, an 8 is excellent and a 9-10 is outstanding. 5 and below are a fail.

Old 25th Dec 2016, 09:36   #47
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Well, you went there, so... er...
I think my maths score demonstrates the extents of my genius. I certainly wasn't getting into Trinity college with it.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2017, 09:55   #48
walle
I *am* a Dremel

walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
As Corky42 points out: your core identity is not your biological makeup.
Your biological makeup is your core identity (context given) it's what you are born with/as and it will be married to your sexual identity, they go hand in hand. You are confusing all of that with personality, personality is something different and will be individual to each and everyone of us.

Quote:
You can raise a boy as a girl or vice versa but some tragic real life examples show that all you do is mess them up
This is what is being done today in various ways and it's both dysfunctional and destructive.

Last edited by walle; 5th Jan 2017 at 10:14.
walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2017, 11:13   #49
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Your biological makeup is your core identity (context given) it's what you are born with/as and it will be married to your sexual identity, they go hand in hand. You are confusing all of that with personality, personality is something different and will be individual to each and everyone of us.
Your core identity is made up from your life experiences and while those life experiences include being male or female those aren't the only things contributing to your core identity.

What you seem to be describing is core gender identity but even then that's not necessarily something that's set for life or defined by your biological makeup.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote