Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 25th Jan 2017, 16:19   #21
modartbylevon
What's a Dremel?

modartbylevon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah...
Thank you, grandfather.
Little modder Levon was born.

Last edited by modartbylevon; 26th Jan 2017 at 06:09.
modartbylevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2017, 15:07   #22
arg-ist
Multimodder

arg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It is time to work at the backside of the case.

A mounting kit for PSU was made

PSU mounted for trial purposes

SSDs and HDDs are located

Mounting kit for SSD and HDDs made

2 trays f or HDDs, and one tray for SSDs. Place for 4 HDDs and 4 SSDs in total ready.

A free space was left for the cable transitions under the kits

The cables coming from the corner holes went under the SSD and HDD and were directed to the MB.

With mounting of PSU + SSDs and HDDs such a look behind the backplate.

Last edited by arg-ist; 8th Mar 2017 at 17:01.
arg-ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2017, 13:54   #23
arg-ist
Multimodder

arg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyanarg-ist is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A mini update for this week.

A special MB tray was made.

Pump locations ready

Pump detail and pump cable hole behind the rad

Valve locations opened at the front and back of the case for evacuation of reservoirs

Fan controller and HDD switch adapted.

Mounting parts made from aluminum for 5.25 bay.

With mounting them , 525 bay dvices ready.

Fan controller mounted.

Old 2nd Feb 2017, 20:04   #24
Dr. Coin
Supermodder

Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great work.

A comment about the Lamptron 611, great unit when it works... I have one, and the display almost immediately flaked out on me, pumps and fans appeared to keep working but the display show gibberish, and I was unable to adjust the settings. A bit of checking and I found that the face plate was shorting the contacts of the display. Easily resolved with some electrical tape and x-acto knife to insulate the face plate. The other thing I discovered with the unit, is it is very hard to plug in fans and sensors once the unit is installed. I had to unmounted the unit and pull it out to modify the the wiring, unfortunately, one the cables I had was barely long enough so I only had a couple centameters of play. I had it installed in a full 5.25 bay, you might be alright with the smaller mounting tabs you built.
Old 6th Feb 2017, 15:39   #25
arg-ist
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Coin View Post
Great work.

A comment about the Lamptron 611, great unit when it works... I have one, and the display almost immediately flaked out on me, pumps and fans appeared to keep working but the display show gibberish, and I was unable to adjust the settings. A bit of checking and I found that the face plate was shorting the contacts of the display. Easily resolved with some electrical tape and x-acto knife to insulate the face plate. The other thing I discovered with the unit, is it is very hard to plug in fans and sensors once the unit is installed. I had to unmounted the unit and pull it out to modify the the wiring, unfortunately, one the cables I had was barely long enough so I only had a couple centameters of play. I had it installed in a full 5.25 bay, you might be alright with the smaller mounting tabs you built.

Thanks Dr. Coin..
ď A comment about the Lamptron 611, great unit when it works... ď

This is the last word that can really be said about 611.

Most of 611 controllers that my friends use , are problematic.

611 was my friend's preference ,not mine

I am using only FC5V3 at my worklogs , which I prefer.
Old 10th Feb 2017, 17:19   #26
arg-ist
Multimodder

Time to make plexi waterchanels.But not horizontal as on my previous worklogs.,

this time vertically.
First on the right side of the case for video cards ,for 2 resorvoir ,2 pumps as 2 loops.

On then the right side of the case 2 loops for monoblock (CPU and Motherboard) and for ram blocks with 2 reservoir ,2 pump .

settlement of water channels at the case

Then they are drawn at corel

Test purpose they are cut at laser from cardboard

Desired look of water channels.

Last edited by arg-ist; 8th Mar 2017 at 16:58.
Old 11th Feb 2017, 20:07   #27
kim
Multimodder

kim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love your case design, real nice work, reminds me of a case I drawn with same broken corners, so it's great to see it taking shape, i'll follow this
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2017, 12:23   #28
arg-ist
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
I love your case design, real nice work, reminds me of a case I drawn with same broken corners, so it's great to see it taking shape, i'll follow this

Thank you Kim.
Old 15th Feb 2017, 20:27   #29
Hukkel
James' minion

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It sure is an exciting project to see. Nice to see you explain some steps as well.
Old 17th Feb 2017, 15:12   #30
arg-ist
Multimodder

Once the dimensions finalized, they are cut from plexi

The cutted pieces were joined.They are ready to bound.

bonding process of first 2 layers

Threading for the fittings.

fittings control

Colored fluid delivery for leakproofing of the first layers
Test succesful

Old 24th Feb 2017, 16:46   #31
arg-ist
Multimodder

Our current assignment is to make front and rear side doors

First thought of using special metal corner pieces at the corners to make the case more solid
But the case is already solid.

It was abandoned and Designed such a sidedoor and It was cut with laser from cardboard.

Sidedoor is designed to be 1 cm smaller than the sides of the case.

And it is thought to be unconnected and floating in space.

The ears of the plexi doors will be bended at the corners.

The plexi door drawn at corel . according to the cardboard and cut off with laser from 5mm clear plexi.

Old 3rd Mar 2017, 16:07   #32
arg-ist
Multimodder

I will to give a disconnected and floating in space view to the door
To achieve this, long thin metal ( bras) feets were considered between the plexi and the case .

These legs were made in 2 parts and mounted with screw.

When these feet are connected to each other and to the case

Such a view was obtained on the front side and on the back side

Worm gear rods are mounted to ensure easy installation of plexi door to the end of the rods

When as trial plexi door inserted into its place

Last edited by arg-ist; 8th Mar 2017 at 17:03.
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 20:10   #33
kim
Multimodder

more and more beautifull, love the little original details like the rods ... fantastic
Old 7th Mar 2017, 15:56   #34
arg-ist
Multimodder

Quote:
more and more beautifull, love the little original details like the rods ... fantastic

Thanks kim
Old 10th Mar 2017, 16:05   #35
arg-ist
Multimodder

It is time to make the doors. The marked parts on the four corners of the plexi door must be bended.

Bending parts and process

The plexi was fixed by placing an aluminum sheet under the plexi.

The bending part was heated with heat gun

And bended parts

finished door controlled

Last edited by arg-ist; 11th Mar 2017 at 05:58.
Old 10th Mar 2017, 20:21   #36
kim
Multimodder

more...more
Old 12th Mar 2017, 14:21   #37
ModArt_Oguzhan
What's a Dremel?

ModArt_Oguzhan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is great labor! I admired the project. I wish you continued success.
ModArt_Oguzhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2017, 18:19   #38
t-akman
What's a Dremel?

t-akman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very promising.
t-akman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 09:33   #39
arg-ist
Multimodder

Quote:
more...more

thanks kim but there are much more... to do.
Old 15th Mar 2017, 18:35   #40
kim
Multimodder

Of course...I was just excited to see the following, but I will be patient, I love every detail from the start..

View Mode