bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 19th Feb 2017, 04:58   #1
CroyAlore
Minimodder

CroyAlore has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
titan - Scratch Micro-ATX Build [RGB]

Hey all, I've been working on this scratch build for a while now and I wanted to post the progress here.

I wanted to make a simple, clean case that allows for easy liquid cooling integration.

This is the current update of the build (More Photos at the bottom):

Computer Components
[CPU] - Intel i7-4960X
[GPU] - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
[MB] - Asus Rampage IV Gene
[RAM] - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB
[PSW] - Corsair RM1000
Liquid Cooling Components
[RAD] - Hardware Labs Nemesis GTX 280
[GPU Block] - Ek-FC970 GTX ACX – Nickle
[Fittings] - Ek Black
[Pump] - Aquacomputer D5 Pump (Ek Top)
[Monitoring] - Aquacomputer aquaero
I had a friend Model a large amount of the parts for me, once they were modeled they were water-cut, and bent. All the metal in the case is aluminum.

This is the placement of the Radiator, PSU, Pump, and Motherboard I want to go with:

I wanted to make a compact loop, I wanted to make it using as little tubing as I could so I used Barrow Acrylic tubing for this part of the loop.

The water flows from Passthrough > FlowRate Sensor > Rad > Pump > Passthrough

I went with a matte black for the color, and the secondary texture to be acylic:

Here is a later Mod I did to mount the Aquaero 6:

The tray is hollow allowing me to put some LED strips as can be seen in this photo:

The Front also has NZXT 140mm Aer Fans that is synced with the LED Tray:

Last edited by CroyAlore; 18th Mar 2017 at 16:31.
CroyAlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 05:09   #2
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Hello everybody, I have been able to take some more photos of where the build is currently at. I still need to sleeve cables as well as do some cable managment, so most of the photos do not include cables at the moment.

Here is the completed loop. I did not need a lot of tubing at all for this build due to the compact size of the case and the use of Barrow acrylic fittings. So it did not take long to set up the loop.

I haven't found a good enough way to take more photos of the LED's so I wasn't able to take many more photos, but I'll be sure to post a update very soon of the different LED patterns the case can do.

Old 24th Feb 2017, 03:11   #3
CroyAlore
Minimodder

I got a quick update of some more pictures of the LED's as well as a photo of the drainport and GPU I/O panel, I hope you all enjoy them

Old 24th Feb 2017, 18:47   #4
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nicely done.
Any plans for side panels?
Old 25th Feb 2017, 09:13   #5
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Nicely done.
Any plans for side panels?
Thanks

I'm debating between a couple things, either full clear acrylic, black matte metal, or a acrylic panel with a frame. I am leaving that part to last as I still need to decide how to mount the SSD/HDD's and sleeve the cables.
Old 25th Feb 2017, 14:55   #6
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Got to say I really love the clean aesthetic of this build, well done.
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2017, 03:57   #7
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandMadeAndroid View Post
Got to say I really love the clean aesthetic of this build, well done.
Thanks, I appreciate it A clean aesthetic is exactly what I was going for
Old 27th Feb 2017, 01:14   #8
CroyAlore
Minimodder

I got a mini update today, here's the Aquasuite running on my desktop.

Right now I got two temp sensors for the liquid and I have the program monitoring my hardware temperatures as well.
Old 27th Feb 2017, 04:38   #9
FS mods
What's a Dremel?

FS mods has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If PC can be adorable than Titan surely is. Great job. Makes me want to build my next PC from the scratch.
Cuold you show me how did you fixed GPU in place? Thank you
FS mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2017, 11:59   #10
huckinCharlie
Charlie

huckinCharlie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice
huckinCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2017, 05:39   #11
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS mods View Post
If PC can be adorable than Titan surely is. Great job. Makes me want to build my next PC from the scratch.
Cuold you show me how did you fixed GPU in place? Thank you
Thank you FS mods, I appreciate the kind words. I felt the same way once I saw other cases build from scratch, I've been planning on building this case for a while now, almost two years.

At the moment the GPU is supported with a temporary clamp (not shown in the photos). I will be installing a bar to support the GPU, and I will be posting an update of that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckinCharlie View Post
nice
Haha thanks!
Old 5th Mar 2017, 11:58   #12
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Hello everyone I got a update with the sleeving. I was able to do the majority of the sleeving over the last week using MDPC's Shade 19.

Old 5th Mar 2017, 18:11   #13
huckinCharlie
Charlie

huckinCharlie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
good work with sleeving my psu still waiting for sleeving job, which I hate so much
huckinCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2017, 18:55   #14
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckinCharlie View Post
good work with sleeving my psu still waiting for sleeving job, which I hate so much
Thanks I know what you mean, it's more bitter sweet as I love the look and it's actually pretty fun for me, but after a while it really starts to get repetitive haha
Old 10th Mar 2017, 09:01   #15
CroyAlore
Minimodder

I got a small update for the GPU mount and sleeving.

Here's the flowrate Wire, I got a couple more wires to do in the case, but I got to wait for more sleeving to come in:

Heres the GPU Mount, I still got to clean and paint the part, I think I will vinyl wrap it to cover the holes:

Here it is with a temporary cover:

Old 10th Mar 2017, 09:19   #16
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lovely.

Props for using flexible tubing, rather than the boringly ubiquitous rigid stuff that everyone seems use these days.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|GTX 980|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2017, 15:22   #17
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very nice mate. Love the flexible tubing, looks very organic. That's why I used it

Love the front too. Reminds me of the GPUs EVGA made a few years back (like this one).

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2017, 01:22   #18
Dr. Coin
Supermodder

Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Coin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lovely.

Props for using flexible tubing, rather than the boringly ubiquitous rigid stuff that everyone seems use these days.
I had the same thought

Great looking case.
Old 11th Mar 2017, 04:16   #19
CroyAlore
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lovely.

Thanks David

I very much prefer soft tubing to rigid tubing as well. I think rigid works well with a lot of projects, but for this project I feel like soft tubing makes the case seem sleeker and the material really catches the color of the LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
Very nice mate. Love the flexible tubing, looks very organic. That's why I used it

Love the front too. Reminds me of the GPUs EVGA made a few years back (like this one).

Thanks Vault-Tec

That does really remind me of the front of the case, I was originally going to leave the front completely open but I decided that adding a design would look much better. I have some models of the uni-body if you would like to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Coin View Post
I had the same thought

Great looking case.
Thanks Dr. Coin

I'm glad so many people still prefer flexible tubing
Old 11th Mar 2017, 14:30   #20
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroyAlore View Post
Thanks Vault-Tec

That does really remind me of the front of the case, I was originally going to leave the front completely open but I decided that adding a design would look much better. I have some models of the uni-body if you would like to see it.
I would love to see that yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroyAlore View Post
Thanks Dr. Coin

I'm glad so many people still prefer flexible tubing
Lots of things in PC modding are over done. Whenever a new idea or part comes along every one rushes to use it. It's not that I don't like hard tubing at all, it's just that I have seen so much of it I just get tired of seeing the same thing. It's kinda like Caselabs syndrome. At first I loved the elegance and quality, and then I just got sick of seeing it.

So I'm glad you chose to use flexible tubing. In the right hands it can look every bit as good, if not better, than hard tubing.

It's far better to use your own mind and your own ideas rather than those of others when modding IMO.

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom case, scratch build

View Mode