bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 1st Mar 2017, 01:28   #1
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
eBay, Amazon, and/or buying food in bulk.

Anyone on here bought food items from either eBay sellers or Amazon?

I ask simply as there are some items my household goes through enough of to warrant buying in bulk, and short of a trip to a wholesaler or costco or the like i was wondering if anyone had any experience with buying that kinda thing from amazon or ebay, especially as tesco et al now frown upon you buying all they have of a particular item.

Last edited by RedFlames; 1st Mar 2017 at 17:19.
RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 01:44   #2
TheMadDutchDude
Mod Master

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've bought food via eBay and Amazon, and to be honest, it was just as described. If not, you've always got your money back options available to you. Just be sure to read the description thoroughly before you make a purchase.
Gamer: ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | GALAX GTX 980 HOF | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 + 1TB HDD | Corsair RM650 | Thermaltake Core X1 | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Win 10 Home | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920
Ultrabook: ASUS ZenBook UX305F
TheMadDutchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 01:54   #3
RedFlames

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadDutchDude View Post
I've bought food via eBay and Amazon, and to be honest, it was just as described. If not, you've always got your money back options available to you. Just be sure to read the description thoroughly before you make a purchase.
That was kinda what I was after, don't want to be ordering stuff only to have a load of cheap knock-off stuff arrive at my door.

I guess part of me just feels uneasy with the thought of buying food online, and i'm not particularly trusting of eBay at the best of times.

Old 1st Mar 2017, 07:00   #4
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I go to a wholesaler sometimes. Any sort of utility stuff you can get in bulk is convenient like catering size cling film, tin foil, paper towels. Of course you can get bulk food items too like rice. So I would recommend checking one out locally.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 09:31   #5
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've bought bags of chocolate in bulk (Callebaut 1kg and 2.5kg bags). No problems.
Old 1st Mar 2017, 13:48   #6
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I once bought 2 boxes of Jack Link's jerky in bulk. Didn't last any longer than if I bought it in smaller quantity, I just ate 3 times as much at a time...
Old 1st Mar 2017, 16:01   #7
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've bought bulk candy on eBay (Haribo Fruit Salad) and had no problem.
Old 1st Mar 2017, 16:08   #8
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I buy in bulk from Amazon all of the time. My wife and I are sorta big on personal hygiene so we get boxes of Huggies and those bum wipe things.

She bought me some Bovril instant cup things recently and I used to buy boxes of 100 Nespresso clone things.

Plus then there used to be cat food. Between us we had six cats, and five of them had to eat a specific brand (and it's fudging expensive) because of their breed. So I used to buy like 20 kilo bags at better prices than buying in small (plus Woollie was a pig and used to stuff her face haha).

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 17:17   #9
RedFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
I go to a wholesaler sometimes. Any sort of utility stuff you can get in bulk is convenient like catering size cling film, tin foil, paper towels. Of course you can get bulk food items too like rice. So I would recommend checking one out locally.
Most of the local wholesalers are fairly inacessible, so if i can get some ****er else to deliver it all then that's a win Some of them also aren't actually that cheap.

Already buy rice in fairly large quantities [just bought a 10kg sack of basmati as it happens]. Just finished off the last of a 5l bottle of soy sauce too.

Quote:
I once bought 2 boxes of Jack Link's jerky in bulk. Didn't last any longer than if I bought it in smaller quantity, I just ate 3 times as much at a time...
I have never done this... I've certainly never done it more than twice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
I've bought bags of chocolate in bulk (Callebaut 1kg and 2.5kg bags). No problems.
Out of curiosity, was that from ebay, or from the cadbury's outlet place? Ordered a load of stuff from the latter before Christmas and i never actually got the stuff. NVM: Had a brainfart and mis-read your post.

Last edited by RedFlames; 1st Mar 2017 at 17:28.

Tags
spangwang mckazwang

View Mode