bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 15th Mar 2017, 12:31   #41
stuartpb
Ultramodder

stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stuartpb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
As I am a total noobie I am sorry to say I have no idea what a TX is or 'gains'?
Sorry, TX is the transmitter (radio controller). Gains and expo allow you to fine tune how the drone handles by altering the response to the inputs you make with the sticks, it could be dampening the response or increasing it. Easiest way I can put it. If it's a basic model without a flight controller you have, you most likely won't be able to alter it.
stuartpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 12:47   #42
Byron C
This space for rent.

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
As I am a total noobie I am sorry to say I have no idea what a TX is or 'gains'?
TX = Transmitter; Gain = basically the rate of acceleration, i.e. how far do you have to push the stick in order to make it zoom. You probably can't directly adjust the gain/rates on your transmitter, but it might have a "beginner/expert" setting which effectively does the same thing.

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 12:48   #43
Byron C
This space for rent.

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is this the right thread to post this?

Bit harsh, innit?!

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 15:18   #44
BrokenJaw
Multimodder

BrokenJaw has yet to learn the way of the DremelBrokenJaw has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
you have it already.

If you want to really get into it after flying the micro for a while I would look at getting a decent transmitter first. Something like the Frsky QX7. This can be used with pretty much every quad on the market using a frsky receiver.... From that point it basically boils down to budget!
I think you might be oversimplifying what's required here. The radio receiver (RX) the E010 uses isn't compatible with any 'good' transmitter.

If Kronos was to get his hands on a Frsky QX7, then he would either need to get a transmitter module for the expansion bay (not entirely sure an E010 compatable one exists), or get a Frsky RX.

Getting a RX also means he would need to replace the flight controller, as there is no way to connect an external RX.

The eachine beecore appears to be a neat little flight controller, pretty much designed as a drop in replacement for the E010, and has a built in RX. There are 3 different models to choose from:
DSM (for Spectrum transmitters)
Flysky
FRsky (for use with Taranis and QX7).

However, my advice would be to persevere with the E010 as it is. Get a taster if it's something you want to get deeper into, then splash the cash on a full proper setup. Whether that be a camera platform, or a racer/freestyler.
BrokenJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 21:31   #45
creative
500rwhp

creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenJaw View Post
I think you might be oversimplifying what's required here. The radio receiver (RX) the E010 uses isn't compatible with any 'good' transmitter.

If Kronos was to get his hands on a Frsky QX7, then he would either need to get a transmitter module for the expansion bay (not entirely sure an E010 compatable one exists), or get a Frsky RX.

Getting a RX also means he would need to replace the flight controller, as there is no way to connect an external RX.

The eachine beecore appears to be a neat little flight controller, pretty much designed as a drop in replacement for the E010, and has a built in RX. There are 3 different models to choose from:
DSM (for Spectrum transmitters)
Flysky
FRsky (for use with Taranis and QX7).

However, my advice would be to persevere with the E010 as it is. Get a taster if it's something you want to get deeper into, then splash the cash on a full proper setup. Whether that be a camera platform, or a racer/freestyler.
Thats why I said its compatible with a frsky receiver. Again this is assuming he wants to do it beyond a micro. 2 areas in this hobby not to skimp on, thats the tx and goggles. I also didnt want to over complicate things for a beginner.
Fractal Design XL R2 Case * MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150 * Coolmaster Nepton 280L * Coolermaster V1000 psu * Gigabyte GTX1070 * Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell * 32Gb HyperX Savage DDR3 * Samsung 850 Evo mSATA * OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD * Seagate 4tb HDD * 3Tb WD Green * 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive *
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2017, 09:22   #46
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron C View Post
...but it might have a "beginner/expert" setting which effectively does the same thing.
It should have two or three sensitivity settings, i've got it on least sensitive, and it's still quite sensitive.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus VW246H 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Mar 2017, 13:30   #47
Arboreal
Ultramodder

Arboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lipo Charging?

I now have 2 150mAh 3.7v LiPo packs but neither seem to have a decent amount of charge after leaving them charging for an hour via USB.

The charger supposedly is ready in 50-60 mins, when the light goes off - it hasn't so far

Annoyingly, the replacement charger has the smaller white 2 pin plug, rather than the larger on on the Eachine E010 - I'm not sure what their proper designations are.

Any thoughts on how long to leave it charging?

I'm thinking about getting an Adafruit Micro Lipo charger, as it looks to a properly set up, with a 3 step charge setup - this or something else??
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2017, 13:20   #48
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well after a few days of playing with this I have decided it is not for me. I think for the same reason I cannot use an Xbox or PS controller I find the whole business of knowing where my thumbs should be in relation to the direction of the copter add that to the fact that it really annoys my cat.
Thanks all for your help and advice in my thread on noobie quadrocopters.

Will bung this on the MP.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/256GB Crucial m4/1x1TB & 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2017, 13:51   #49
Arboreal
Ultramodder

Arboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Well after a few days of playing with this I have decided it is not for me. I think for the same reason I cannot use an Xbox or PS controller I find the whole business of knowing where my thumbs should be in relation to the direction of the copter add that to the fact that it really annoys my cat.
Thanks all for your help and advice in my thread on noobie quadrocopters.

Will bung this on the MP.
Sorry to hear that you & Millie haven't got on with it, at least it wasn't and expensive foray into a potential new hobby...
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2017, 13:54   #50
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboreal View Post
at least it wasn't an expensive foray into a potential new hobby...
Quite so.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/256GB Crucial m4/1x1TB & 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2017, 14:49   #51
creative
500rwhp

creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
A quick video from last weekend. I was doing some tuning on the 210 after soft mounting the motors. Its not perfect but its getting there...

Also I finally got my lowrider built back up and thats ready to get out in the field, only issue is we are about halfway through an expected 2 weeks of rain...
Fractal Design XL R2 Case * MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150 * Coolmaster Nepton 280L * Coolermaster V1000 psu * Gigabyte GTX1070 * Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell * 32Gb HyperX Savage DDR3 * Samsung 850 Evo mSATA * OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD * Seagate 4tb HDD * 3Tb WD Green * 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive *
Old 21st Mar 2017, 22:52   #52
creative
500rwhp

Just finished updating my transmitter with M9 hall effect gimbals...

Not completely sold on them as yet. Took a lot of adjustment to get them to feel how I like but I will see once I get in the air this week.
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 13:01   #53
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If one were to be bad at controlling their spending, but lies to themselves well enough to justify a €500 budget for a potentially limited life-span purchase, where should one look for a full racer kit?

Basically, is it possible to get into this on a €500 budget (everything, quad, camera, FPV, controller, etc)?

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 13:50   #54
creative
500rwhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
If one were to be bad at controlling their spending, but lies to themselves well enough to justify a 500 budget for a potentially limited life-span purchase, where should one look for a full racer kit?

Basically, is it possible to get into this on a 500 budget (everything, quad, camera, FPV, controller, etc)?
yes you can but you will have to shop around. Usual site is banggood (pay for shipping ... dont go the free route!) such as the eachine wizard with a set of box goggles some batteries from hobbyking like turnigy graphines and a charger such as isdt charger ( you will need a power supply for that though) or a b6 charger

Consumables such as props are best bought in bulk and will break! I buy them 30sets (4 in a set) at a time but they do last me a while. Something like dal cyclone v2 with a 3x5x40 blade will suit most 5inch quads.

That should see you in the air. As with all things, price dictates quality but everything can be upgraded from this point if your serious. Also Shop around... I get alot of stuff from america from companies such as Team Legit or here in australia such as my local shop phaserfpv or Nextfpv

Be prepared to do a lot of reading. These things dont fly themselves and often need setting up with flight modes etc which takes an understanding of what the FC does and software it uses, such as betaflight and Blheli suite.

And once you get addicted its very easy to spend.... alot!

My average build price for just the quad is between$500 and $600aud and typically consists of, with a ballpark price:

Frame: current fave is the CraftQuad LoFlo - $195
FC: Omnibus f4 - $50
ESC: Dys XSD30aV2 - $90 for 4
Motors: Im a fan of Brotherhobby t1 2205/2300kv - $100 for 4
fpv cam: Foxeer arrow v2/3 - $50
Vtx: I like the fx800t atm - $75
Antenna: MenaceRc pagoda - $20
Props: Dal Cyclone V2 3x5x40 - $5 a set

This is of course variable depending on what components used Eg, Steele motors are $160 a set or a cheap Qav 180/210 clone frame off ebay for $20.

I currently have 8 quads on my quad wall!

I use fatshark dominator V3's with the laforge diversity receivers, Menace rc pagoda antenna with VAS crosshair patch. My Tx is the Frsky Taranis x9d+ with upgrade M9 gimbals running open tx 2.2 with betaflight PID and smartaudio lua scripts. These were the big purchases but are one thing you only need to buy once and I decided very early on just to get the best at the time.

Also be prepared to crash.... alot... and break things.... alot! My best run I had in an afternoon was breaking 4 quads to various degrees including dunking one in a river but it was one of the most fun afternoons I have had flying as we were all in the same position! Its a local model railway track and everything to hit is either a tree or metal...

Last edited by creative; 22nd Mar 2017 at 14:27.
Old 22nd Mar 2017, 17:39   #55
B1GBUD
More Biddy Bang Bang than Sean Paul

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
FPV'ing with the Rozzers

( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode