1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards New Upgrade for Computer NOT WORKING!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alex_davies89, 14 Feb 2010.

1. alex_davies89

alex_davies89 What's a Dremel?

I have recently upgraded my AM2 computer due to my previous motherboard giving up on me after 2 years of work. I ordered the GigaByte GA-M720-US3 from ebuyer, put all my computer together as usual and i thought everything was going good until i turned it on...

The computer itself, fans etc all turn on as expected but i get no display on either one of my 2 individual screens and the motherboard keeps making a 'clicking' sound. Firstly i thought i hadn't plugged everything in so i turned it off, took it all apart and started from scratch, only to find the same problem still existing. I thought it may have been my graphics card but it worked perfectly fine in my previous system so i think i safely rule that out. Another thing i have noticed is that the LAN lights on the back of the motherboard do not light up which use to happen on my old motherboard, whether it is suppose to or not i'm not sure but i thought it might have done. I think i can point all the problems to the motherboard but i dont want to have to send it back to ebuyer when its not the motherboard thats the problem.

Could anyone please help me or shed some light on to why this extremely annoying problem i have. :D

Kind regards,
    Alex

My system:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.01Ghz
    4x 1GB Kingston RAM 667Mhz
    Western Digital WD Cavier Blue 320GB
    Point of View 8800GTS 320MB
    GigaByte GA-M720-US3
    Coolermaster 650W PSU

2. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

It does sound like the motherboard is dead. Contact the place you bought it from and they should replace it.