1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Baz, 21 Feb 2013.

1. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yet again Nvidia has surpassed itself with the tenacity to design and engineer a GPU that only someone with lack of sense and a need to epeen.

If I had that kind of money to spend I wouldn't buy this card. For many apart from the tagged user ;) it is useless.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

noes! no 7870 le in cf / gtx 660ti in sli comparison :(

thank you :D an awesome review - redoing all the benchies again with the latest drivers

Last edited: 21 Feb 2013
  4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I'd say its mostly related to screen resolution, at 1080p its pretty much worthless junk and something like a 7970 or 680 would be much more sensible, but at 2560x1xxx the Titan is the only single Gpu solution producing acceptable frame rates, so for those who have a 27" / 30" screen and dislike multi gpu problems there is no alternative (and nvidia priced it accordingly).

Last edited: 21 Feb 2013
  5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

2x HD7950 in Crossfire wipes the floor with the Titan and costs 40% less.

/thread

Call me again, when they finally start to develop towards power-efficiency and release a card with the performance of a GTX660 but without additional PCIe-power, i.e. maximum of 75W.

6. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Less you want the best quad sli rig on the planet its useless. Make quad sli a factor and it instantly becomes this series' juggernaut. With my natural attraction to insane speed and overclockability this is my god. The industry preaches fragality but it prays at the church of performance. And i wish people would stop comparing sli to the titan. If one is sli'd then compare it to sli'd titans. Then we can talk. Comparing one 690 to the titan is only relevant due to the fact that the 690 actually is one card. There are so many different factors that people can forget. Thank god most on this forum dont.

And for cryingout loud buying this card does not mean youve got bad judgement. Personally if i can make the grade, I will be forking out for aa good 4 of these beasties in sli. Maybe another 680 for physx if I really want to be a dick :p

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Most users of crossfire and sli would give it up yesterday if they could get a gpu that offers the performance without the hassle of sli cf.

I've been tempted myself as sli is far from perfect the issues in far cry 3 is a recent example of sli been close to useless to run the game.

If Titan is the future then I could see me perm giving up on sli and cf for a single gpu that can deliver what I require from a graphics card.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It's a tad disappointing given it's massive SP increase. But then again, it's not that bad given that it's basically the +60% we were promised every generational upgrade.

Kind of reminds me of the 8800Ultra in it's bizarre status as a halo card and it's rarity.

Plus the funky extra premium cooler. Speaking of which. I kinda want to mod an 8800 Ultra Cooler onto a newer GPU..