1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: AnG3L -MOTM April 2009 Winner- (FINISHED!!! June 19)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 19 Mar 2009.

1. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Project: AnG3L (MOTM Winner April 2009)

[​IMG]

I would like to thank my friend masbuskado from newmodcity.com for creating this wonderful
    picture, the sponsorship and all the support he gave me until now!!!!

[​IMG]

I'd like to thank Scan computers in the UK for sponsoring me and providing some much needed hardware!
    Scan Computers International Ltd (Scan) was founded by Mr Shelley Raja in 1987 and is now a family run business employing
    150 members of Staff at its main office in Bolton. Scan has, over the years, built a solid reputation for being a quality and
    innovative supplier to the retail/e-tail markets.Scan build and supply high performance systems, PC hardware/software
    and consumer electronics through the retail and E-tail market.Heavy investment in Scan's backend systems combined with a
    great work force has allowed us to achieve an award winning service level whilst still being competitive in a near perfectly competitive market.

And also a big THANKS to my friend Antony Leather for all the support he gave me! Bless!

So.... first I want to say hi to all my fellow modders of the world!
    Second... this is my first worklog ever but not my first case mod!
    As u can see, the mod has my nickname which comes from my artistic side!
    For the sake of the mod I will post a few paintings of mine to see why I decided to name
    my case mod after my nickname! :) (My English sucks so dont be cruel with me!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, on my worklog I will present each part separate: First my custom rad grill:
    I took the plastic parts out of a racing car (game!) to use them for my creation!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After cutting the plastic parts for the rad grill, its time for sanding, and... bonding!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used epoxy glue for plastic and metal, and isopon 38 and 40. And offcourse a lot of sandpaper!

Now its time for the primer and the black gloss paint.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adding a mesh that I painted orange and some artistic designs here is the final shots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!!

Last edited: 19 Jun 2009
  2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So here is a little something I am going to add on the front of the case as a... decoration!
    I used 3 mm clear acrylic, 38 & 40 Isopon, epoxy, and... a lot of imagination!

First some drawing on the acrylic!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the wings after the first cut:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sanding, and sanding and again sanding!

[​IMG]

I had to use a lot of imagination to be able to find the way to put together these
    wings, because they had to be in a specific angle. So I used 2 acrylic circles with insertion points for
    the wings. After I glued them I applied 2 layers of 38 Isopon and 2 layers of 40 Isopon.
    I will mention that in the process of painting them, the wings fell down, and broke in 3 places.... but I fixed them with the same way
    I created them!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After hours and hours of sanding, priming, filling the pots etc etc the time has come for priming and painting:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Mar 2009
  3. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Forgive me if I have no design or a plan of what I am going to do but its too difficult for me to draw that. You are going to see in the progress why! Please leave a comment!

4. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

what you've done so far looks seriously cool to me. i'm looking forward to see where this is going. :thumb:

5. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks my friend I appreciate that! The project has a lot of surprises, but it will be neat and good looking! I am working on the wings right now I am going to post some pictures later on!

6. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

yeah, obviously very hard to figure out what end result your going for without any designs up, but the pics you posted so far show some nice artistic skills, so I am sure whatever you end up with will look good :D

I'll be watching :thumb:

7. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Original and new ideas, this will be very unique case mod :thumb:

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So here are the wings.... almost done ! I will do some more details and offcourse the stand for the wings. I will attach them on the front of the case. They are painted with orange acrylic and uv orange paint! So expect some glowing effects!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

wow....thats gonna be very eyecatching if thats the colour scheme for the whole thing

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

its interesting, i can say that much

11. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks guys, I will do my best. Thanks Bill, I appreciate that! ;)

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

First order arrived today from Performance PC's! I 'll post some pictures later on!

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So here is my first order:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've opened some of them like the cable sleeving kit cause I had to fix a couple of wires!
    Now I have to wait for the case to arrive and the rest!

Here is a drawing that I did which it would be a design for lasecut on the right side panel!
    Afterwards I had to do it on the Corel draw for the machine to accept it, but this is my first time with such a program and it was soooooo difficult for me, so dont be cruel!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the final!

[​IMG]

:rock: :rock: :rock:

14. tyrandan

tyrandan Pink Lemonade.

Wow man, I wish I was as good an artist as you! lol I really like the wings and your choice of colors, can't wait to see where you are going with them. Subscribed!

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Really nice work and a great use of the car things in a very creative way.
    I watch. [​IMG] [​IMG]

john

PS: your birdcage fell over - [​IMG]

16. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

LoL!!! Thanks guys! The wings are going through the final stage! But to fit them I need the case!
    Hopefully I will have her (Lian Li!) till Tuesday!

17. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey What's a Dremel?

A Lian Li! :clap:
    Can't wait to see those wings attached.

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Like the colors.

19. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Something went wrong with the wings so I 'll paint them again so u may be lucky to see the way I paint them! It will take me a while... so be patient pls!

20. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So guys I am back and I will present you a video showing the creation of the wings. I did make some changes .The black color from gloss to mat, the drawings etc. Enjoy the video!

Last edited: 2 Apr 2009