1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp ...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jrs77, 3 Mar 2013.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 3 Jan 2018
  2. Shuper' Luu'

Shuper' Luu' Moda'a'foca modding power!

wow really like them. The Full ATX i stopped for like 10 seconds to see if the second image was a photo or a render hehe

The last one being 10 liters to 10" is a very good ratio. Nice job on the TJ08 too!

Will you ever try to produce one of them? Will SUB to follow your designs ;)

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

4. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Really cool solution. Thx for sharing it. ;)

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Snap tabs would be tricky. Have you forgotten how plexglas thickness varies wildly? I've seen a single sheet jump from .109" to .143".

6. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Hi jrs77

I am currently calculating a bit on snap-lock geometry. May I ask what elongation at break (epsilon) your material can handle?
    And what is your angle, on the snaps?

I would hate for you to get some "less than desired" results.

7. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I know how you feel, I'm experiencing the same feeling. I've seen those cases and it's giving me ideas ..... just need an Haswell thin-ITW mobo (for the mSATA and onboard-PSU mainly)

http://www.fanlesstech.com/2013/04/kawaii-pc.html.

Keep up the good job with your designs, I love them :thumb:

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Very little clearance between the PSU and the GPU. Keep in mind that those cables don't leave the PSU at a neat 90 degree angle. Also: fan direction. PSU fans pull air in and push it out the back (here, top) of the PSU. At the same time you have an 80mm and 120mm exhaust fan in the case. Creates one mighty intake flow at the bottom of the case just above the desktop --where all the dust tends to settle.

You can flip the PSU around, to create a front intake as you say. I'd just make the case a bit higher to get the clearance for the cables, make the back fan an intake and the top fan an exhaust. I'd also find a way to tie the CPU heatsink into that fan pair so you don't need an additional fan on that one.

9. Nexxo

Ah, I see. That works. I would look at a way of getting cold air straight onto the CPU cooler, but I suppose big intake slots at the back work as well. Still a bit concerned about the dust, though. By adding another 25mm to the case and changing the bottom slots to side intake slots you can largely avoid that.

In fact, by adding 50mm, you can turn those into some really neat design features and mirror by having side exit slots at the top. This means that the top panel can have no openings in it at all which is good because unwanted objects/fluids cannot drop into your computer/PSU innards.

10. Nexxo

Wait another two decades and you'll be able to buy present-day processing power on a credit-card size mobo for £30,-- :p

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

JRS, you have to stop posting these lovely little designs...:naughty:
    It's a good think I have no metalwork skills, or I'd be trying to make ITX towers.

I am building an ITX LAN rig and considering various options.

I love my SG05, so an SG07 could be good, Parvum ITX is on the shortlist and I have an irrational idea that an ITX TJ08 could be a good design - very much like what you have proposed here.

The mATX TJ08 is nice with room to spare, but ITX is where it's at for me.

Keep on leading me astray!!!

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I do like the idea of you turning out concepts, the inner engineer isn't quite strong enough to put them into practice.
    I work next to a local sailmaker, and think that materials from that area could work, with simple fastenings or maybe a slot and rod system.
    When you mentioned material last year it did make me think of the stretchy elastic nylon grill on my Linn speakers.
    They work well, but when you take them off, they look like ladies knickers left on the floor...!! :eyebrow:
    My wife did see them and ask questions the first time I took them off.
    The only difficulty I see with soft material is getting fan holes to stay in the right place and seal, they would keep the weight down though.
    Definitely with you on SFX PSUs, a real space and weight saver.

13. GuilleAcoustic

Nice idea mate. Been thinking about going the same way as you, but slightly different design.

No sketches yet, but I'm considering 2 "U". Back + bottom + front being made of a single U shaped bended alu panel and left + top + right being a U shaped frame covered with vintage speaker cloth. Do you thing speaker cloth could be used in such a small design ?

14. GuilleAcoustic

Yes, picoPSU cost quite a lot unless you get some crappy ones. What about HD-Plex products ?

http://www.hd-plex.com/fanless-ATX-power-supply

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. GuilleAcoustic

I'd been considering using round multi pins military connectors to get the PSU out off the case... But it looks like a real huge pita with too many expectable issues :D