1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Carcassonne iPad Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 May 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

The iPad is an ideal platform for board games. It's large enough for more than one person to sit round it for a local game without feeling stupid, and its touchscreen is sizeable enough to make it practical to move pieces, even if you have chubby fingers. Thus, it was only a matter of time before classic board games such as Carcassonne jumped to the platform...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/2011/05/07/ipad-review-carcassonne/

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

While the game itself was originally developed in Germany by a German, the town of Carcassonne itself is actually in the south of France. A long, long way from the German border.

I've never played the game before, but I have heard lots about it. Perhaps time to track down a version.

3. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

You can't be telling me you thought Carcasonne was in Germany! Haven't you read Labyrinth?!

4. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

"The game itself is easy to learn, and is mostly based around the idea of developing the areas around the titular German town"

Carcassonne, that famous German town, in the south of France.

5. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

LOL. Geography not a strong point then ;)

6. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

OK, fixed the geography - probably just some confusion with it being a German game and all!

7. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

its a great game. I like the app too. Do yourself a favour and buy the real thing and play it round a table.

8. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

I've been to Carcasonne...

..car broke down on the single width road/ramp for the in/out of the car park and so blocking everyone from parking or going. Walked all the war round it to find a phone as ours didn't have any signal only to find one near the entrance on the other side to which we walked all during midday at 40 deegrees!

9. Xir

Xir Modder

When playing, you need to be seeing all of the pieces on the table all the time, otherwise the wait-and-search for where to put your next piece is endless.
    Actually, if you play with two-or -three expansion packs, it's endless anyway :D

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Is it worth getting on the iPhone?

11. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

"his is a brilliant introduction that's much cheaper than buying the full boxed version."

IF you have an iPad already. Which, lets be honest, is a complete waste of money.

Tags: Add Tags