1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in the fold

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by debs3759, 7 Nov 2015.

1. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

I stopped folding back in Feb, as only had a Llano system (A8-3870K) with GT430 for a while. I now have a GTX 550 Ti backed up by the GT 430, and started them folding tonight. The Llano is crap for folding, it is great for browsing and torrents (and playing Scrabble online) but that's about it, so I'm folding on the two GPUs. The 550 so far is estimated at around 16K ppd - I'll see in a few days how accurate that is - and the 430 looks like maybe 1500, wit an ETA of 7 days.

Meanwhile I have built a system with an i7-6700K (not yet overclocked) and GT 730. The best ppd looks to be with 8 CPU cores and no GPU. Possibly 20-30K ppd. That system will be a dedicated folding client. I had a Little Devil case that kept screaming at me to fill it :)

So I'm optimistic that I'll get 30-40K ppd between the two systems, better than my previous efforts. Once I have paid half the cost of the 6700K system I'll be buying a next generation high end NVidia card to replace the 730, hoping to do a lot more work (it'll also be a file server once I buy the drives I want in it - I bought the motherboard for it's number of SATA/Express ports).

I see I am still 120th in our team, hoping to hit the top 100 again before Xmas.

2. Qazax

Qazax Fap fap fap

Nice, as soon as you get a decent nvidia card you will blow yo current scores out of the water!

3. Petaflops

Petaflops Minimodder

Hi.
    Nice to have you back in the team. It's worth having the machines on during the winter to assist the central heating system!
    Pete

4. debs3759

Waiting for two EVGA GTX 580 - one Reference, the other SC - to arrive in the mail over the next few days. They will replace the GPus in my Llano system, and should more than double my output. Started saving for a high end Pascal card for when they are released as well, that will be put to work with the 6700K.

5. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Welcome back Debs

6. debs3759

Just had to turn my heating down since starting folding on a pair of overclocked 580 :)