1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Let's See your guitars :D

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedLegion, 5 Sep 2009.

1. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

I figure quite a few of you must have guitars, electric, acoustic, semi or hybrids :p
    So lets see them :D
    Just do a picture or two for each, put the name, and any changes from stock :)
    And pictures of your amps, pedals etc, anything guitar related :)

I'll start us off, here is my current selection:

My Ibanez SA36FM With a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Humbucker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fender DG-5 Acoustic

[​IMG]

My Custom Built "Roberts" Guitar with built in Marshal Amp, completely potable and battery operated :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That was one of my quick 3D models when i was working out the assembly :)

Spider Line 6 Amp, Roland Micro Cube Amp

[​IMG]

BOSS TU-2 tuner Pedal, BOSS DS-2 Distortion Pedal

[​IMG]

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Vintage V100 (now has an EMG 80)

I also have a Jim Root Signature Telecaster somewhere in America being fexed by Fender as it was DOA

Oh, and an Orange Crush 30R off being fixed somewhere... what is it with me an DOA stuff?

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

in before the Guitar Hero / Rockband pics

4. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I'm leaving this space for my collection. As it stands, I have a TON of guitars - some older than most forum members, and will get pics and post everything as soon as I get a camera, I promise.

If I sold all my rock kit, I could probably buy 2 full Xeon setup with 4 GTX295s, and have enough for an i7-975 with 2. I wish I were kidding.

5. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Oh I should put my pics of those up :p

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

but unlike the guitars that would be worth nothing in a few years from now

keep them :)

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

My current pride and joy:

A Washburn T25, bought it second hand off eBay for a reasonable £140, in near perfect condition, only thing wrong with it is a small cosmetic chip on the corner of the fretboard that you only notice up close. Only modification is I've fitted strap locks to it. Need a new strap for it though as studded leather doesn't really go with this one, strap is also a bit thin for a bass this heavy.

[​IMG]

I have 3 others but aren't really anything worth taking a picture of.

A 3/4 size acoustic I had when I was a kid
    A 4 string black Spider bass, only mods to that was fixing the neck so it was on straight (and strap locks which are on my new one as mentioned)
    A V style Lindo (a local company) electric guitar, looks cool, but I never really played it

The above 2 are both el cheapo basswood stuff. I'm actually glad I started with a cheap bass as it meant I wouldn't have wasted so much money if I didn't carry on but mainly because playing on a piece of crap for months makes you really appreciate better guitars.

Probably gonna put all those 3 on eBay sometime as they're only collecting dust now

As for amplification I just have 2 practice amps

A Laney HCM30B

[​IMG]

and a really terrible 5W guitar amp that's powered by a 9V battery, either my bass destroyed the speaker or it's just very low on battery power now, I'm keeping that one for novelty value.

My dad also has a pair of big disco speakers and a mixing unit thing which I plugged my old bass through the mic port, my new guitar sounds better through my Laney than my old one sounded through those bad boys. Really want to try my new bass through them but they're not here at the moment.

Last edited: 19 Dec 2009
  8. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

That bass is GORGEOUS haha! I want a guitar that has that kind of look to it, but they are very hard to find (and im skint >.<)

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Indeed. I don't even play bass and im jealous.

10. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'll take pics tomorrow!

11. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

[​IMG]
    My very tired old yamaha fx310, still got a lovely sound but it is literally falling to bits.

12. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Nice, a friend has one of those and I like it a lot, not a fan of 5 strings though :)

Here's my slightly modified P Bass, neck is more the size of jazz, Seymour Duncan SPB-1 Vintage for P-Bass PUP's and custom electronics.

I've had a few different basses over the years, musicman, Yamaha, Ibanez and Aria. I always end up back with this. I'm going to spend some serious money later this year and either go for a Lakland or have one completely custom made for me,

That goes through a Zoom B2.1u to headphones, usb (home recording) or DI for studio. Live I'm using an old, but again not entirely standard, H|H B100 combo with an additional 2x12" one off cab with celestion drivers.

Waiting in the wings, broken and in need of attention, is a Selmer Treble 'n' Bass mkII 50 watt hand wired amp.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Sep 2009
  13. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I can't get to my bass at the moment so this is the only pic I have of it (just before I started cleaning it up and removing some of the stickers).

Washburn MB4
    [​IMG]

It's not a guitar, but this is my real baby.

Moog Etherwave Theremin
    [​IMG]

:cooldude:

Oh and if I use this little amp with my Theremin I can pick up the neighbours wifi TV speakers. Freaked me out when Eastenders characters started talking when I was trying to play :worried:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 Sep 2009
  14. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

[​IMG]

Just kidding. I just have some cheap black nylon string accoustic that i never learned to play on.

Mr Mario likes this.
  15. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Current two favourite bits:

Ibanez EW50 electro-acoustic:

[​IMG]

Peavey 5150 w/ Marshall 4x12 - it's an absolute beast.

[​IMG]

16. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Someone had to do it, still full of epic win :D Will post up mine when I get some time. :hip:

17. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Funny this gets posted. I'm this close to learning bass :)

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2323/falsizecomparisonbynira.jpg

I sold that one some time ago on Ebay. I changed the scratch plate for white/black/white threeply before hand, though. I hadn't fitted the Cruiser Bridge in that picture, but physically exactly the same as the 61's in there already.

Currently working on a very old and very knackered gibson copy body, and a (previously) knackered Strat neck.
    http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6195/008da.jpg

Body: still needs work, and I still need to get around to doing the scratchplate thing, though, and get the ol' body looking a bit less ****.
    http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4936/009fn.jpg

Trying to decide whether to go Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio again.

The Amp is just a POS Marshall room amp. Somewhere in the loft.

Oh, and I don't play >.>

19. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

OK, just have one group shot of most of my gear:

My Gear

Guitars:

Ibanez RGA121 Natural Finish (stock pickups for the time being)
    Ibanez Jem style 7 string mahogany body (getting parts built bit by bit)
    Fender Squier Strat (my first guitar, but not in the pic)

Rack:

ADA MP-1 Preamp
    Lexicon MPX1 Multi effects unit
    Behringer Mixer
    Marshall EL34 50/50 Power-amp
    Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 stereo cab

20. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Here's my baby!

I'm only starting to learn, but I think it's a solid starter. It's a lefty Epiphone SG and a peavy amp, forgot what it was called but I know it's a 10 inch speaker, think its a viper 10 or something along those lines.

[​IMG]

It inspired me to make this in photoshop

[​IMG]

I'll have to take pictures of my sister's guitar and amp, and my brothers. My brother has a nice acoustic takamine, while my sister has a flat black custom made from a local shop called "dot on shaft." It was regular 600 bucks, but we managed to get it on sale with strap, locks, stand, case, and bheringer amp for 400 bones. We told the guy it was her first guitar and for her b-day, and since the regular ones were on sale, he gave us the lefty one for the same price.