1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had experience working for Capita?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by RevDarny, 2 Apr 2014.

1. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Does anyone have any experience working for Capita in any of their IT rolls?

I was offered a roll working with a company which has now been bought by Capita. I've had experience with Capita's out sourcing as they provide support for our phone systems but not sure what they'd be like to work for.

I did a quick search but didn't find much, other than disgruntled ex employees, and they're not always giving an unbiased opinion.

Just want to get a bit more info on what they're like to work for.

Thanks

2. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Should of probably placed this in the serious section. Admins, if you can move it, great. If not, don't worry.

Thanks

3. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

4. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Guy just started with us worked for them.
    I'll prod him tomorrow, see what he says.

5. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Thanks for that.

6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Moved for you brother man.

7. shah

shah Minimodder

I worked for Capita fiduciary Group but not the IT department. I had a great time while I was there. Best people I worked with except for the pay package.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I don't work for them, but I work as a technician in a school where the network and equipment is managed on contract by them. Is this job related to their education contracts? Where are you based if you don't mind me asking?

They took over Northgate Managed Services last year who held the c2K education contract for Northern Ireland. The network they took over was shambolic as a whole - the individual school networks ranging from worse in places to not bad depending on the staff at the school's disposal. Our own is getting there but still needs a lot of work, a good amount of which is happening over the Easter holidays with the replacement of all workstations, most laptops and the servers. I'm still working on the cowboy installed infrastructure bit by bit which is a mammoth job, but I make progress every day. Any time I have to deal with them I do so through their c2K helpdesk which is fine and works well. I've had a few annoying things since the upgrades started happening like getting charged £250 of my IT budget to integrate a switch into the network (copy a config) and denial of support for software which Capita themselves installed on our system, but those are education related and don't speak to how they are to work for at all. Any of their engineers I've dealt with have been knowledgeable and efficient and none have complained about working for Capita. Most of the guys I've been speaking to in person have been with them for well over 5 years and I'll be speaking to the team tasked with our install in a couple of weeks, so I could ask them a few questions as well if you'd like.

I would consider applying to become a site engineer for them as well if my job in school was ever in jeopardy or if I wanted to move onwards and upwards.

9. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

I have experience with Capita as a service provider as well. They're such a large company that it's difficult to get an idea of what they're like.

The role is based in the south of England.

Thanks for the advice.