1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ubisoft apologises

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 27 Nov 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

It seems to be doing a lot of this recently. Perhaps if it did not rush out it buggy games it might not need to.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/indust...ogises-assassins-creed-unity-buyers-free-dlc/

Ubisoft is also saying that reviews for it's upcoming game The Crew will come after the games release. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-explains-why-the-crew-reviews-will-come-af/1100-6423806/

Not forgetting the problems people are having with Far cry 4 which the patches so far have failed to fix to a large extent.

2. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yeah, Ubisoft has been on my list for a while now as games I will not pay for.

As you said, Far Cry 4 is buggy as hell. Let's not even get into Far Cry 3, let alone its coop/multiplayer...
    Can't say much about the AC series as I just don't play those

3. creative

creative 500rwhp

This is the issue with games these days. Gone are the days of a game being delayed until it is ready... lets just churn it out and fix with patches, by which time we will have the money from the poor saps paying for it, pretend to fix it and release a new game to take the heat off the first game... rinse, repeat.

Game quality is severely lacking these days.

4. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

It serves people right for buying them, they are enablers. So now every company does it because they know they can get away with it. I remember all the complaints about the super buggy Skyrim with dragons flying backwards and whatever else, in addition to all the stuff that was just bad (UI on PC etc). But that sold more than 3 million copies. If people stopped buying their broken buggy games, they would be forced to tweak their production methods to make sure the game is actually finished by release. I buy everything about 2 months or more after it is released now, and it is usually far cheaper and has a whole series of patches to install first.

More people should do it. It's not just the bugs but the premium you pay for a new game is huge too. I wanted ESO but it was £50 for the first months, so I just forgot about it and picked it up last month for £13 on amazon. Turns out I hated the game but at least I only lost £13. I would like to try Dragon Age Inquisition but that is £50 too which I wont pay on principle, even with a good new game. But after the insulting DA2 I especially wont. Add in all the bugs and issues, I'm happy to forget about that for a few months as well.