1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Ubuntu to include enterprise Java

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yawn? YAWN? I spent hours writing that!

Well, an hour. Well, half an hour.

Alright, several minutes at least.

3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

:D
    It has taken me this long to work out the naming pattern for Ubuntu :wallbash:
    It all makes so much sense now, 8.04 came out in the fourth month of 2008. I feel like such a retard :(

4. TomH

TomH BELTALOWDA!

Even Torvalds liked it enough to comtemplate switching the kernel releases to a similar scheme of nomenclature, which I guess they may still do.

5. Zut

Zut What's a Dremel?

This is great news... Really really great news!! However I wish it was for a more enterprisey flavour of Linux. I doubt my bosses would allow Ubuntu onto our servers at work.

One of the worst things about creating a Java EE application server based on RHEL or something is that you have to remove the crappy OSS Java implementations, which is always a PITA and feels like it ought to be unnecessary.

6. miksuh

miksuh What's a Dremel?

Well...

Tomcat is officially in Debian 4.0 'Etch' which was released last year.

Glassfish JBoss and Tomcat are all already in the Debian 5.0 'Lenny' repositories. Tomcat is in the main-repository, JBoss and Glassfish are in the contrib-repository. Debian Lenny is scheduled to be released in two months, target is September 2008.

Tags: Add Tags