1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a bit dim?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by HoistaWheelie, 21 Jun 2009.

1. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

Okay so had some discussions / suggestions yesterday about why my PPD had decreased (thanks guys) so what I want to do now is work out what each machine is giving me in daily PPD ...

Looking at the website http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=84370 shows me my total output

But what is the easiest way to work out what each machine is contributing, simply looking at the Log files, but I cannot see in there where it gives you the points value actually submitted?

Cheers

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Fahmon

3. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

As Votik says, Fahmon does this. http://fahmon.net/ It looks at your log files, looks on the web for information about how many points each unit is worth and displays the points per day estimate every 5 minutes.

To set it up, for each client you tell it where the directory is that contains FAHlog.txt etc. If you have more than one PC you can use Windows shares to do this over a network.

See the sticky thread "FAHmon release announcements"

Last edited: 21 Jun 2009
  4. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

You can change the time between refreshing the results, and how the PPD are calculated. PPD is not a fixed figure, so if it is quoted without saying which method is used, it can be misleading.

5. HoistaWheelie

HoistaWheelie Slow but steady

FAHMON

Thanks, I have FAHMON running but I thought it gives you a estimated PPD based on that particular WU ... which will change when it downloads a different WU, say going from a 511 to a 1888 pointer.

What I want is the real PPD actually achieved that day - or am I not understanding the value FAHMON gives you correctly?

Cheers

6. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

FahMon does a calculation based on the work unit you have downloaded and obviously that will change depending on value of the work unit is you are crunching.

FahMon is the nearest you will get to working out your PPD but like I said in your other thread you need to go on your 24hr average in your sig to get a good idea of what you are actually producing per day.

You could have a bunch of high pointers and FahMon will show a nice high PPD but then it could pull down a load of dreaded low pointers and FahMon will show crap PPD.
    Its luck of the draw im afraid so you will never have rock solid PPD figures! Use your 24hr average in your sig as the base figure :thumb:

Hope that makes sense :)

7. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Correct

Ah, you want the new, improved Stanford Stats system. AFAIK this doesn't exist yet, there was something about the plans in Vijay's blog in the early part of the year.