1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning The long journey

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Terrorecosmico, 27 Jun 2016.

1. Terrorecosmico

Terrorecosmico What's a Dremel?

Premise.
    i use google translate (my english is self-taught and horrible), and correct best i could the absurd phrases, google translate usually give as result... so u could imagine.

Lets start.

Occasionally one follows their dreams.
    every so often (more often) one follows common sense, and tries to be practical and realistic.
    Somethimes (rare) the two things coincide, when it happens, one can not pretend nothing has happened.
    In my case, well, the desire for a water-cooled PC, the need of a desk, the needo of tidying my little corner of the house, which seems eternally war zone, the need for a space to draw.
    And i've just the space, 2.3 meters x 70 cm , available, a short-tempered wife tired of seeing the pc case, cables, drawing materials, everything stacked randomly....
    I suppose you get the picture.:D

So i start first lurking, then thinking and now planning, then when all would be ok, making.

i would push here everything, from rendering, to measures, costs, all truly all, will be there for a future noob like me that maybe find something useful for his journey.

I would surely, need help, to check measurements, bad ideas, and errors before this will pass to be a scratch build in the mod section, i hope i would find it from this community, from experienced modders..

if u pass here and throw your 2 cents, i would thank you, and push all the nicknames on a side of the desk.. :D

Last edited: 10 Jul 2016
  2. Terrorecosmico

let's start.

what i've got right now.

1) pc hardware, i will use the one i'm sitting on (cost effective) and my hardware is decent and new.

2) software for planning, i'm learning inventor fusion, getting parts to use as reference from grabcad (i would have to thanks a lot of 3d content creators at the end.. eheh).

3) an evil plan (help always).

starting from point 3)

i watched almost every pc desk on all existing places, are all a beauty, one thing only i don't like, the c shape commonly used.
    then i see the wonderful wall mount mods, and thinked to mix the two things, reducing the height as much as i can and go inline, (i've got all the space i want)....
    But i want to be a little bit more modular. in the approach. year would pass, but the table will remain, and i would change hardware, i will try to make my life easy as possible.

point 2)
    the interesting thing is the red one that would hold the rad is almost finished, so soon measure and draw of it.
    my idea is to use 140mm fans, and yes i like the Alphacool rad, (and i see it at a decent price so is on my list.).
    i've got to draw the cuts for the fan cables routing, and the holes for the retention.
    i think i would go or wood, or acrylic, (to be lasercutted),or metal, (steel)..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Jun 2016
  3. Terrorecosmico

ops there's an error, i write 2 times top, one is the side, not a problem the draw will be updated, (for now not the render, cause i would go further with another "parts holder".
    Actually i'm drawing the psu holder, nothing to tears one's hair out.. but i'm reasoning on a pratical solution :wallbash: for cables.. i've got an idea or two ;D

Meanwhile, i'm start thinking about which kind of tubing, i'm toward rigid tubing, brass or copper, reason, i could have a pipebender for free eheh, and for sure i would do a mess with acrilic or petg..for sure i would try to make the loop as much simple and clean i could.
    will see there's a long run before.

edit.
    4 mm too much i will lower to 2mm 2.5 mm for all metal pieces i suppose would be enough...
    design next week would be corrected to...:D

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

My only advise: Don't trust the creator's content online too much. Work from technical specs as much as possible.

5. Terrorecosmico

sorry for the delay i was out for work, thanks for the reply and the suggestion...
    absolutely i don't trust online things.. for eg vendors say the hole on the rad is m3 who created the model use 2mm holes..
    i check what i could, as much as possible.
    for rad as i chose a 140mm multiple hole distance is standard.. the doubt is if are 15 or 20mm spacing, but i used slot instead of holes for the holder.

note:
    for this at first post i wrote that a bit of help would be absolutely welcome, just to check and correct measures, i maybe could not find all, but someone that have the real thing could share and i will correct the drawings according to..

:D

6. Terrorecosmico

psu holder.

i've not find a nice model of mine an ax1200i (a bargain bought at a discount of 15%), but i find a model of an 1500i, this thing make me to think about how much adaptable i would be doing this?
    the reply i give to myself, as much as i could for parts, (thinking they will be replaced in time...)

so for psu i come out with this.
    Adding a couple of thumbscrew, height and lenght adaptable.
    is basic but effective and i find it nice.

another thing to consider a 2meter table will not move easily , so is more an embellishment than other...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the cable holder is coming soon :D

7. Terrorecosmico

i noticed i have not listed the hardware that will be in this project

As stated the parts are the ones from i'm writing so here's the list...

MB MSi Z170A GAMING M7
    RAM PATRIOT VIPER PC4-21300 (4X4) black pcb (to be upped to 32 gigs when i could) the red almost match perfectly to the mb red
    CPU 6700k (2nd hand, the owner passed to x99) decent price
    GPU RADEON FURY X (2nd hand, the owner passed to nvidia) (a steal could not resist)
    PSU CORSAIR ax1200i
    hdd 5
    1ssd samsung 840
    4 WD (black and blues all 1 tb to be changed asap, are getting older).

cheers

ps for cooling soon the list of what i will buy.