1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Diatec Filco Majestouch 2 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 29 Jan 2013.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Nice to see the review :)

While yes the price point is rather high, people are often happy to pay it partially due to the brand name, and because of the high quality product they know they'll be getting (when compared to a lot of other mechanicals)

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Too expensive for me but DAMN, that is a good looking keyboard! Love the black on red!

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have the black Majestouch, and I'd say it's my favourite keyboard ever.

Built like a brick shithouse, great keys (Black switches), although I did opt for their wrist rest as well.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have owned a Filco Majestouch TKL MX Browns for months now, and the price tag was steep but the quality has shined through.

I compared it to my old Cyborg V5 this thing is rock solid.

I think my words where, if I hit someone over the head with my old keyboard it'd snap in half, if I did that with the Filco they'd be knocked out and the keyboard would keep on doing it's job.

The NKR is also excellent for gaming, being able to press multiple keys without having something not work when needed is awesome.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I'd agree with the review score - it is a lovely looking board, but too light on features and waaay over-priced.

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I have a das and cherry g80. I think the Majestouch is going to be my next purchase. Preferably with browns

8. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I bought my Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless with brown switches 8 months ago and frankly it's the best item I've ever bought for my PC. A lovely thing and not once have I regretted it.

Yes it's expensive, yes its basic on the feature side but its a joy to use.

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's the Audi A6 of keyboards. Expensive, well built, good looking in a plain sort of way, and available in boring or bold paint jobs.

I like to think of my Shine as the RS6 :D

10. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

/rushes out and buys that and red prodigy

11. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Are they relaunching the Oric Atmos or something..?

12. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The Steelseries 6GV2 is basically just as good and costs only half of that. Go figure.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I would say the quality isn't as good, and the Steelseries doesn't use standard keys etc, which makes getting replacement caps more of a pain (if you want to do that).

Not saying it's a bad board, just I wouldn't consider it 'basically as good' :)

14. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

For half the price I don't complain about that actually. And try getting a mechanical keyboard with german ISO-layout elsewhere for a reasonable price ;)

A Filco Majestouch 2 with german layout and Cherry MX black switches costs north of £100 + VAT and shipping. In german shops these boards are listed for €150+.

15. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

If you are going to buy a new mechanical board every few months then no it makes no sense really (but then if you are a keyboard nut i guess it makes perfect sense in your mind), I saw my Filco as a long term purchase to save me buying a new crappy keyboard that I'm unable to clean properly every few months, its been great and I'm confident will continue to be for years to come.

16. blackworx

blackworx Cable Wrangler

I actually bought a MT2 (brown) about a year ago to use at work. Slightly clacky, but my god the difference after suffering the squidgy, badly laid out Dell/HP stock crap. It truly is night and day. I think the bottom line is: most keyboards get in the way; this one doesn't, period. Rock solid, don't expect to have to replace it unless some light-fingered colleague ever figures out how much it's worth (not likely). My typing has also improved a lot, although I can no longer blame typos on a crappy keyboard/non-standard key layout.

17. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

May I suggest you review the Steelseries 6GV2?
    For only £50 you get a full mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Black keys and superb build quality.

Last edited: 29 Jan 2013
  18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Costliest? Most costly more like.

I like the majestouch but I can never really justify the insane prices. Then again, I can't move away from my model M.

19. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Compared to spending £200+ on a graphics card every couple of years just to make the newest games look a bit better, £130 for a tool that might get used for doing useful work for a decade doesn't sound too unreasonable...

20. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Costliest is a word! #WordsMattKnows

I have to admit I really enjoyed using the MJ2. Its price tag is pretty massive but equally the weapon-grade build quality is something to be admired. If you really just want a basic but excellent typing experience and a keyboard that'll probably outlive you, it could well be a sensible investment.

Tags: Add Tags