1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Games that have disappointed us today

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 11 May 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Does the BF2142 disappointment include the new titan mode? Sounded really good on paper and sorta looked good in action as well I would've thought...

3. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder

prey..i thought (correct me if im wrong) its been in production for years upon years and its just ok with dated graphics... shame really

4. Splinter000

Splinter000 What's a Dremel?

Huxley isn't the first MMOFPS, WW2 online was first and there is also PlanetSide.

As a massive PlanetSide fan I am really hoping Huxley can deliver, but the limited 60 V 60 battles and just straight infantry fights aren't appealing. Compared to PlanetSide's 166 per team, plus tanks, airplanes and BFR's (mech robots)

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

little saddened by this news. Im really looking forward to battlefield 2142 aswell. I hope it turns out good because i really want to relive the battlefield series and it being set in the future sounds lots of fun!.

6. Iceatcs

Iceatcs What's a Dremel?

Devs must be waiting for Vista. So sounds like PC gaming will going to have bad year. Hope it will be fight back in next year E3 with Vista and DX10.

7. fresnono

fresnono What's a Dremel?

8. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

EA board meeting
    "hey guys, weve allready scammed consumers out of money for 2 mods, and another on the way, none of which were really worth them paying for"
    "We need somthing that the consumers will really want to get, and make us look good"
    "How about a BF2 mod ?"
    "Superb, but we need to make it sound different"
    "Lets just add some mechs, call it BF2142 and consumers will buy it"
    "Excelent"

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm very annoyed with Dece and EA with they way they have handled BF2, the game isn't even finished and they've already released several expansion packs and now they're dumping it and making a new one? WTF?! From the videos it looked like BF2 with mechs, nothing changed, this will be a game I deffinitely won't buy, even if they do manage to turn it around and make it good I don't think they deserve any money for a BF game anymore. I think I'll be happy with quake wars thank you very much.

Shame about Huxely, I was hoping that would show some promise but oh well :(

10. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

funny, this is EXACTLY my impression of EA too. they made such a mess of BF2, im suprised ppl dont see through this cheap money grabbing exercise by EA.

11. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Exactly what I thought when I seen it...

There trying to get as much out of the franchise as quick as possible whilst theres interest, but all there doing is shooting themselves in the foot. I can see a lot of people loosing interest in the franchise because of this lame ateempt at sequel, not that all the bullsh** with BF2 being released unfinished and crap patches hasn't annoyed people enough already :sigh:

BF2 was basically based on the Desert Combat Mod for BF1942, which was developed by Trauma Studios who were aquired by EA to do there magic on the follow up to BF1942.

I think all thevye done here is told them to make another mod...

BF2 is still my favourite game at the monment, I just feel it could have been a lot better if EA didnt have so much controll over the content and deciding when it's ready for release.

12. yahooadam

i just wish EA havent basically hijacked most of PC games

ive found 95% of EA games are rubbish, and not worth your money

13. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

The one thing I don't understand about BF2142 is that there are ground troops in the game. Based on today's technology and the way that technology is advancing, it would be my thought that 141 years from now any wars are going to be automated or remote controlled with a small (very small) amount of foot soldiers.

In all honesty though, they should work out the bugs in their current iteration before they expand upon it with a new version.

14. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Well, I guess sticking with the story, in a world where most of the landmass is covered in ice and inhospitable, with the war being fought over land to try and cram more of there own people in before the ices pushes even further .. humans are pretty cheap ?

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Hm...

I'm not so bothered about BF2142 being a mod, I'm more concerned about the possibility of something approaching proper widescreen support. :(

EA are really bad at supporting widescreen. And bring it up in their forums on pain of flaming... :sigh:

16. yahooadam

why do u get flamed if u bring it up on their forum ?

lack of widescreen support in BF2 really bugs me

17. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

There are a lot of (presumably young) BF2 players who seem to think that having money enough to buy a widescreen (and therefore having an increased Field of View, if widescreen support is properly integrated) is cheating. They are extremely vocal about that - despite the fact that they don't consider having a ultra-fast response time TFT or a high DPI mouse or fast 'net connection cheating. :rolleyes:

Threads about potential widescreen support get bogged down with flamers, and then closed by the moderators there because of 'circular arguments'... whatever that means.

Anyway, there is some basic support in BF2, but it chops the top and bottom off - so you see less vertically. A disadvantage, but if you have to play in true widescreen, it's the only way.

Hit the link in my sig to the WSGF - the partial solution is there.

18. yahooadam

what difference does widescreen make

a bigger moniter would provide the same advantage

if you force the resolution to widescreen, BF2 only gets stretched

and if you use the next resolution up, you lose the top and the bottom

EA is rubbish >_<

19. SparkuS

SparkuS What's a Dremel?

We should be in for a treat then, if bf2 is anything to go by.

How you can cast judgement on it at this stage is beyond me.

20. yahooadam

if its another BF2 mod then you can base judgement upon BF2

Tags: Add Tags