1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 11 Aug 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Just a heads up but I think you haven't updated the 'Gaming and Sound' page.

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Having looked at this in greater detail, I have no doubt (and will be super amazed if I am wrong) that the ASUS Impact VII will be a £150+ board which is a shame. This board at £115 is good but lacks a few features and doesn't astound at anything in particular. It does OK and then does less than OK. The new MSI ITX board will be interesting as their Z87 board was fantastic performer, but the Impact is still quite likely where my money will be going.

Just want to point out on specific thing though with this board, I HATE that wireless adapter. Did they forget to add one and chucked it on last minute? It makes the board look so tacky and unfinished.

4. Dam

Dam What's a Dremel?

Do these Killer LAN ethernet ports actually make a difference? I notice MSI use them as well.

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

The only difference they make is to the companies profits as they are basically selling snake-oil to gullible 'elite' gamers.

6. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Sorry, yeah, the gaming graphs need updating. Apologies - Ant has the results, I'll get him to fix it ASAP.

Edit: Done now - thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited: 11 Aug 2014
  7. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Cheers Matt - sorry chaps, I was away from the PC for most of today.

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I think the audio is certainly stand out and is where the extra money has gone so if you need decent audio but can't afford the Impact it is a good option. For me the lack of an M.2 port was a bit of a let down and I agree the WiFi port does spoil the aesthetics a bit! Given the price I probably would want an M.2 port and a better EFI so yes, there are better options depending on what features you want.

9. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Did I misread the Audio graphs? I interpreted the audio is being below par...

10. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I did misinterpret them slightly. The harmonic distortion still seems pretty high?

11. toolio20

toolio20 What's a Dremel?

Wow, I guess I should just make peace with the fact that the hardware scene will remain unbearably boring until, what, Skylake...?

Tags: Add Tags