1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Last orders at the bar...

Discussion in 'General' started by 666painkiller, 1 Aug 2010.

1. 666painkiller

666painkiller If only....

What is your last orders?????

Mine would have to be a large glass of white wine for me and a BOTTLE of red wine for the other half........:rock:

Can you partner drink you under the table???

Sorry but mine can out drink me.............:wallbash:

Get her drunk then I could buy that SSD I am after............:thumb:

2. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Last night it was two large Carlsberg draft. One for me, one for my buddy.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Depends what I've been drinking that night. If I start off on beer (Stella), it'll most likely be a whisky (Jack D or Black Bush) on ice. If I start off with spirits, it'll be a pint.

If I start the night drinking Guinness, I finish the night the same way. I have found that G+ anything else is horrible. Not a horrible hangover... just horrible to taste. My tastebuds are so used to Guinness that I couldn't drink it as well as anything else in one evening.

4. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

Yes i get drunk under the table by my GF, sad but true

Last night we were drinking Pitchers of Bud Light all night had some Vegas Bombs but pretty much kept with beer all night was a good night other then some random dudes trying to start fights... Did lose 4 games of pool in a row because I am TERRIBLE had to buy them beers after 3...

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Double gin and tonic...

But depends what kinda bar.. sometimes I go for an old fashioned

6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

4 beers and 4 sambucas.

All for me.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Pint of Pedigree for me, and one for my friend.

No, we're not 50 yet.

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Depends on the time of night, the bar, the company, my mood and what I've been drinking all night.

Hardly ever Beer.
    Sometimes a double whiskey on the rocks
    Sometimes something like a Brandy and Coke
    Very rarely Tequila Slammers... Lots of them

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Generally something freshhhh that leaves a nice taste in the mouth. Rarely beer.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Usually start the night on a good ale, and finish with a single malt on the rocks, no more than two rocks or you dilute the charm.

Explaining to the bar staff that I want a single malt with two cubes of the ice can be very very tedious at times.

Best night ever was when an old chap at the bar who had been a bell's drinker :grr: most his life asked for advice on the single malt. We were in luck that the bar carried a fair selection and I spent a few hours talking and explaining the differences of the malt depending on its origin. After several hours he was a convert, went for a bell's to finish his night and couldn't drink it due to the taste!

Never really have this problem due to location, as I tend to sniff out the good places, and leave the riff raff to the bars and clubs else where. If you walk into one of those pubs that you think hates students, just put a news paper under your arm and order the guest ale asap. You tend to find people get rather confused at the sight but become very friendly.

I use to put back a bottle of red a night, but now it gives me nothing but stomach aches. No hangover just poor stomach aches. Also the golden rule to avoiding the hangover, is to never mix drinks keep beer and whiskey together and never mix with other sprites or wines. Drinking water doesn't help at all, your stomach slows down during drinking so it just sits in your gut. Also your body is in overdrive to urinate as much evil out of you, in this process you lose vital minerals which causes the hangover.

A strong brew with a little sugar, a bacon sandwich with HP sauce usually brings your body back into balance after a heavy night.

11. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

The last time I went to a pub, my last order was:

1x pint Carling
    2x pint "Oh Boy!" (house beer)
    2x large glass of red wine
    3x glass lemonade
    1x double Amaretto on the rocks.

Festival exec meeting - fun fun...

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

There's some class among bit-tech members :thumb: I could use a single malt right now :D

13. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Ice? In a single Malt? :eyebrow:

I usually just have about a teaspoon's worth of water. Maybe it's just me, but scotch shouldn't be ice cold.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

LOL.
    I actually dunno jack about whiskeys. I know what a scotch is and what a burbon is.
    I also know that the most expensive I've had was a Johnnie Blue label.
    Some of the nices i've had was a 18 year old Chivas... straight from the bottle with some good friends.

/me gets ready to get crucified.

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

It depends on the malt, something like Talisker needs ice in my opinion to help reduce the peppery flavour that is capable of reducing a smoker to there knees with accidentally inhaled.

When I first tried Talisker i thought it was industrial cleaner in the bottle, that first split second it hits your plate. Then if you get past that you can understand its flavour, its deep smoky, peppery flavour which is unique.

On the other hand Jura has a very mellow flavour which would be ruined by any additive of water be it ice or mineral.

Talisker is perfect with a fine tobacco, with preference to illegally imported products from south america.. bless my old mexican house mates!

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

*start jealousy*

For my 18th, I got given a half case of 1964 Glenmorangie Single malt from my Grandfather..

I've so far had about 5 fingers from one bottle... Its almost too nice to drink..

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

S.O.B

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Doesn't someone know Mankz' address?

19. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

You lucky little ****.

And here I am with a bottle of Bell's and half a bottle of Jack on my shelf. :(

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Look in toryville ;)

pimonserry likes this.