1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Prime 95 missing/skipping tests on cores

Discussion in 'Software' started by cookie! nom nom, 25 Dec 2016.

1. cookie! nom nom

cookie! nom nom Minimodder

Hello

I am trying to overclock a 1055t with little luck. I have tryied a number of overclocks but cant seeem to get it to run stable in prime 95 at 3.5ghz, In the tests i have run i would find that some cores run slow without fails, some cores will run fast/skip a test (random). Is this normal? Ive not seen it before, But then again its been 4years when i last overclocked so cant be sure.

Also i set core volts to 1.4v and still having this problem....

Ps I am rubbish at overclocking so could just be me..... :sigh:

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

What board are you using?

3. cookie! nom nom

M4A87TB USB3, If its going to be that dont worry, the pc only cost me £60 - windows so not really that upset if its due to hardware. :) i know its not a great motherboard and at its age i wasnt expacting anything good.

4. Vault-Tec

No VRM cooling at all. Watch your clocks and see what happens to them, but I have a feeling the board is throttling to stop itself setting on fire.

BTW that may be the CPU limit. Mine will only do about 3.4ghz.

5. cookie! nom nom

thank you vault :) Ii will have to look at that tomorrow.

6. cookie! nom nom

Confused. I ran prime 95 until it got onto its 3rd set of test and same proble.m Alll i did was ram at stock speed (1333mhz 1.5v- turned auto off) and turn cool & q and turbo off . and yet 2 core still skipped a test on blend... is this normal for AMD? i sure ive not seen this happen to my i5 2500k or the i5 760 when i buit them. but then again its been a few years :p

7. Vault-Tec

If that's a four phase board with no cooling it wouldn't surprise me. Try aiming a fan at them, it's better than nothing (the small black chip things)

8 phases. Hmm. Try aiming a fan at them. I guess it could have 50 phases but if they get too hot then they will throttle or catch fire.

cookie! nom nom likes this.
  8. cookie! nom nom

I think i leave it stock. Even when overcloked for two hours it only fell 3 mni behind and that might be partly due to background programs, I have seen online people overcloking on the same board to 4ghz 0.o but seeing as the mobo will be hitting around 5 years old soon i think its best not to push too much XD its still a capable pc for most the games i will ever paly.

Thank you for your help vaults

Last edited: 27 Dec 2016
  9. Vault-Tec

NP. It was very rare for them to hit 4ghz. That's what the 1090t was for. You usually hit around 3.7ghz with the 1055, but obs depended on the chip.