1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress The Tempest

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by exiled, 6 Jan 2013.

1. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

Hello All Wanted to build a case for myself till my son was asking around christmas for a pc so i figured id scrap my build which was already started to build another case just this one is a bit different its to house both a matx and a itx in the same case matx is my pc and the itx is going to be my sons so after 4 days of designing i came up with this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And with out keeping you hanging to long i started building friday since i have to build at my dads house progress has to be staggered days i can get there to build i try but at the same time i have to do things like keeping the project a secret from him so hopefully its kept from him till around February 19 his birthday so now for those seeking more pictures here we go
    [​IMG]
    test fitting the mock up itx mobo
    [​IMG]
    another shot
    [​IMG]
    last shot of itx testing
    [​IMG]
    took me quite a while to build the frame only working with limited tools at moment ie: drill press, riveter, metal shears, ruler and plan at moment
    this is with the itx and matx mock up boards test fitting before i hard mount ether of them
    [​IMG]
    had to ask for help for this shot couldn't take the picture while holding the matx
    [​IMG]
    but that's where I'm at so far will be going back to my fathers tomorrow to work on some more and hopefully i can get the frame fully complete tomorrow then can start making the templates for the plexiglass hope you enjoy the write up so far. :)

2. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

ok got some more progress done today itx motherboard bracing testing [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    having issues mounting the matx [​IMG]angle from bottom well testing mother board tray [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    all i can do at moment need to buy more aluminum turns out i didn't buy enough [​IMG]

well guys tell me what you think. :)

3. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

ITX? Looks like it'll have a lot of deadspace

4. exiled

exiled What's a Dremel?

both ITX and MATX are in the plan along with 2 x 5.25 8 x 3.5 hd 4 x 2.5 ssd 2 x psu 4 x 120mm fans maybe water cooling to come led lightning but may have space left over but for my first build if its too big i will learn from the attempt

5. bluc

bluc What's a Dremel?

Looks good to me love big cases ! Will keep an eye on this build for sure subbed:thumbup::D
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD