1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Evil Dead film (1981version)

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 12 Jul 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The Evil Dead,

This will be on the Movie Mix channel at 11pm tonight. This film which I saw in my late twenties and if memory serves was classed as a video nasty later on. But this was genuinely scary film and well worth watching or setting the PVR.

It was a low budget movie that went on to enjoy cult status with some very creepy moments. Great film.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2013
  2. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Many a nightmare came from watching those movies as a kid.

These days, although creepy in places, the cheese and humour have changed my view on them.

Still haven't seen the new one yet.

My other half finds horror movies boring, so I rarely get to watch any.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Never got around to watching this, might give it a pop. I'm not normally a fan of horror (I'm hard to affect in that way), but I might enjoy it if it's a good un. My other half loves her horror though.

4. Scroome

Scroome Modder

They're good for a chuckle at how unserious the movie is and isn't about itself.

Fine. I'll have Mrs. Shirty for a weekend of horror movies, and you can have the God of thunder for a weekend of whatever crap you boys would enjoy.

5. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I'm a huge Evil Dead fan and have it in 3 different formats and versions but I'd strongly recommend anyone with even a passing interest in movies to sit down and at least give it a go.

It hasn't aged all that well and it's not quite as scary as I remember it as a kid. It was scary at the time but to be honest it's the very black sense of humour is it's defining feature.

I also loved the remake. As a film I think it's significantly better. It just dosen't quite manage to capture the same tone and feeling I guess as the original. It doesn't achieve classic status but it's by far the best reboot I've seen of a horror film and my favourite film I've seen of this year.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

With your recommendation I think I might have a look at the modern version.

I don't expect the 1981 version tonight will be as scary as I remember it but it does rank as one of my all time favourites which I have not seen for quite a while.

Now if they would only show Hellraiser and The Crow I will be a happy man.

7. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Evil dead 2... essentially a remake of the first film and vastly superior.

Groovy.

8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I love the original trilogy so much, I'm scrapping my DVD collection but I'm keeping them, even the duplicate copies in special cases

9. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

I don't understand why you'd ever think this Funny movie is scary

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I prefer Evil Dead 2 to the first one. Haven't seen the new one yet, but I'm betting that it's not a patch on ED2.