1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Video streaming stutter issues in Chrome?..

Discussion in 'Software' started by trueno!, 21 Aug 2014.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

So, was just wondering whether other people here are also having the same issues whilst streaming video content with the Chrome browser?..

From what I found from my searches is that people are suggesting that there is a driver conflict between the adobe flash player plugin and the chrome browser built in pepper flash plugin and they suggest that disabling one of them should resolve the constant video steam stutter...

However, since doing that I am still experiencing these stutters and it's getting very very irritable to watching videos streams via a particular video streaming sites!..

I've resorted to either loading video webpage in chrome and pushing the link to another browser ie internet explorer and then watching the episode from there or going back to the old fashion way by either downloading the episodes the from torrent sites or using a chrome plugin which allows you download straight from the video streaming website!..

Problem with first method is that there is no pop up blockers which means I have to close each pop up tab that opens before being able to watch the particular episode and problem with the second method is I have to wait for the whole episode to be fully downloaded before being able to watch it!.. A very irritating experience I must say!..

I appreciate all the feedback I can get on this please!.. And thanks... :thumb:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited: 21 Aug 2014
  2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Is the popup blocker in IE turned on? Tried a different browser? Chromium/Opera?

3. trueno!

IE pop up blocker now switched to high setting, thanks, but it's a shame it doesn't allow more than 8 tabs to be stored in home page setting, I have several TV series tabbed which loads up as default tabs after launching Chrome...

Never used Chromium, not sure on the plugin for this!.. And Opera doesn't play nice with my mouse button settings so I hate that browser!..

Can't use Firefox as that's placed on my main monitor for proper browsing and other day to day usage!..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Have you tried Opera since it switched to the Chromium(?) engine? I'm not saying your mouse button settings will work, whatever they are, but it's not the same as old Opera (V12). It also has the option to load pages on startup, like Chrome and I'd imagine Chromium too.

Edit: If you're only opening the same tabs over and over with this second browser, IE can start with the same tabs it had as when you closed it. Just tried with 13 tabs and they all opened so it might be a way around your 8 tab home page limit.

5. trueno!

Until IE crashes and forgets the last opened tabs because that is a thing and so reverts back to the home page settings when it is launched!.. :3

No matter which version of Opera I have, the browser doesn't like using the custom mouse profile made for it, as it just resets it to the general settings profile which is used for other desktop functions, so yeah, hate Opera!.. :3

If Chromium is the same engine as Opera it'll probably react in the same way as Opera, so not installing that then!.. :3

It may be a Windows thing and a fresh install of it and everything else could be the answer but I probably do that when I have more time and can be bothered too I guess!.. :3

Cheers for you input though... :p

Last edited: 22 Aug 2014
  6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I used to get video stuttering until I disabled hardware acceleration in the flash video settings.

7. trueno!

Currently testing this out now by watching a video on a streaming website... Will report back if this makes things better, worse or no change at all... ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!.. :thumb: