1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Late 2008 Unibody Macbook 13.3" Replacement / Uprated Battery?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by keef247, 28 Oct 2014.

1. keef247

keef247 Modder

Hi guys,
    just wondering which battery I need for my old 2008 late macbook, it's a 13.3" 2.4ghz Core2Duo with a Nvidia 9400m. Is there any uprated batteries I can get with longer battery life, this would be awesome if so. Please advice accordingly.
    UK links please ;)

2. keef247

keef247 Modder

3. theoriginaltomato

theoriginaltomato What's a Dremel?

If you get the build number from the System Report (Yosemite, might have other names on prev. versions) you'll be able to search for a compatible battery - there are lots of very poor quality fakes out there (like the iDevice chargers) so getting a real OEM one direct from Apple or an ASP is probably the best bet.

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Don't cheap out on batteries. Fake ones could potentially explode or start burning.

5. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I know it's out of warranty but when I took my battery back last year, because of a known fault with the batteries of that era, I got given a brand spanking new one... Took a genius bar appointment, some petrol and ten minutes testing.

Iirc, they were made by Sony at the time and there were a lot of press articles about them shorting and catching fire. Mine was the 15" early 2008 model...