1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Forza 2 demo on Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BioSniper, 10 May 2007.

1. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Hey all,

Just to let you know the demo for Forza 2 is up on live and its 691MB.
    I've decided to give it a go even though I really never did like the original Forza, anyone else going to give this a go?

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I'm stuck at work! WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Muhahahahaha! im at home.....im getting it!

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You sir, suck. :p

You get your monitor sorted yet?

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Well, having had a good play I can honestly say I am not a fan.
    The cars just don't feel right, and the sense of speed is lacking, what the speedo says is 50 mph feels like 25-30 and the cars either under steer badly or the back end is FAR too slippery (I specifically chose an E36 BMW as its the car I have and its NOTHING like it at all).

When will they actually ever get a racing sim that feels right? Maybe its the lack or actual feedback that you gain from being inside a real car that I'm missing but it just feels wrong.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Oh yeah, i been waiting for this. Hope its as good as its hyped up to be as i need another game to make my Wireless wheel worth its purchase. Wife promised I can have a Live Subscription at the end of the month which will be great so I can then get this game end of june after its out. Darn, another 3 hours before I finish work.

7. atanum141

indeed squire i do.

and yes i got another new monitor, a Viewsonic VA2010WB. Its niceeeeeeeee.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We're trying to download it now but the servers must be hammered because it keeps crapping out.

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

OMG NEEED

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Loving this game,shame they didn't give a nice taste of the career and livery editor.

11. atanum141

Ok so ive played.

Graphics are good on this, the cars looks freeking sweet.

tho this i believe is more of a sim more than the arcadey stuffs like PGR. Personally i like PGR coz i can drive like a nutter but on this you'd just end up last.

Good selection of music tho.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You should try it with all the assists off XD

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I've been playing a little more and I've just realised, AA appears to be off.
    The thing that was really killing my enjoyment of this game was the camera view I had it in which was the one which displays the bonnet of the car, the reflections make it really hard to get an idea of which way the nose is pointing when you hammer it a little too hard into a corner, changed that and instantly my racing improved.

I once again chose the E36 and switched off the driving aids which my car doesn't have (everything except ABS) and what can I say? The drive is improved to no end, the cars will take more pushing round a corner.

Also replay mode is rather good, even shows my glowing hot break discs :p
    Maybe my earlier judgement was misplaced.

14. atanum141

well the only one i had on i believe was breaking assist.
    Ill gibe it a god with eveything off.

15. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I'm in a mixed bag with this demo. I'll need to go back later and turn all of the assists off to get a better feeling for the game but right now, I don't think I'll purchase it unless someone buying me the racing wheel. It just seems wrong to have a racing sim and play it with a controller. It just seems like way too much understeering with the default settings.

I will, however, say that the game is absolutely beautiful. The gravel being thrown up when you go off track and the sky is just amazing. The sounds are spot on for when you're in a wreck (it sounds just like being in a wreck when you tailend or head-on someone!) and for the going in the gravel and dirt. The damage cars take is just awesome looking. It's a shame that damage in the demo doesn't effect your car's performance though but I suspect it will in the full game.

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Something someone over on another forum mentioned the amerian cars, namely the ones that usually handle like boats in a pond on thick honey, handle a lot better than they do in most games. I was driving the Dodge Viper with all assists off, not only was handling well, but I'd say better than the 911!

17. atanum141

I turned off the assists and i still dont get the game. Its good but not my cup o tea.
    Ill buy PGR.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The game looks like absoulte ass. AA? What's that? It looks like something the PS2 cooked up until you throw your car into a wall. Reflections are very badly done and so is general environmental aspects like the sky, sun and lighting.

We all expected far more in the office :/

19. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Are you playing in HD or SD?

20. atanum141

Im playing in 720p and i can still see the lack of AA or the details Bindi mentioned.

Tags: