Windows My music has Vanished

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lankuzo, 1 Aug 2009.

1. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

Hey guys was playing around with my ipod touch the other day i noticed i was missing some albums from my collection of music. I have no idea why but when i searched for them in windows 7 the folders are all there but no music????

you guys no if there is anyway i can get it back. File recovery programs? Itunes wont allow you to download 2 times(tight buggers). Any help please as i dont wana pay for them again..

Cheers
    Phil

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Your Music is your profile account is located in your profile under "My music".
    Start > <YOUR NAME> > My Music.
    Alternatively, you go to: C:\Users\<YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>\My Music.

If you open a folder (explorer window), look at the left side column for "Libraries". by default you have 4 of them. Each library is several folders shown in one place, you can add/remove folders at your desecration.

Also, Windows has instant search, if your file is in the indexed area, you can instantly search for them, else it will take a little longer to see them.

3. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

i know how to find them but they have disapeared all together(deleted).. wondering is there any way to get them back

4. GoodBytes

Ah, yes of course, and very easy too!
    Go to the location where you put your music, right-click on it and select: "Restore previous version". From there, a panel will open with all the version you can go back too (assuming you did not disable or cleared the system restore), select an item on the list and click on "Open" to just view it, or click on "Restore" to restore the folder to the selected time.

5. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

Cheers Goodbytes

Thats really cool. shame i didnt have it enabled on the Samsung drive. Thanks anyway is good to know windows 7 will keep restores of files and folders and not just the system restore.

phil

6. GoodBytes

That really sucks thus that you were unable to recover your files.
    Try this tool: http://www.recuva.com/, it's free, donation supported file recovery software, just make sure you uncheck yahoo/ask tool bar if it comes with it.

You know I had a similar event as you, where I lost an important file on a different drive. Since then I set System restore to cover every harddrives and partitions.