1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Post Your Christmas Tree 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 8 Dec 2009.

1. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Hello dear folks,

I was wondering if we have the same tought at the moment ? I mean, my car is covered with snow, my shovel & ushanka are ready for winter and my mom's cooking some chicken pot pie hummmm Could it be ? hummmm Yes they are back again, HOLYDAYS ! Bittech is still here with his big communauty from all around the world: Finland, France, Belgium, Ireland, United States, Canada, England, Wales, Scotland, Norway, Germany, even the guy from Namibia (How you doin BentAnat ?). Like the last years, we want to see your tree, fireplace, christmas Socks, bref your Holydays decorations. Don't be shy, even if your tree is in fact a branch with a red ribbon because you are a student and don't have enough space for the whole thing, we want to see it.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2010
  2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Mega Man is so fcking win

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Haven't bothered with a tree for.. Quite a while now, actually.

Instead, I opt for seasonal wallpapers :p

However, 8-bit Christmas tree decorations are win!

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

WUT?

I may not be all that into Christmas (actually people my age who get all excited like children about 2 months before the 25th of December sicken me a little) but my family does pt up a tree every year :)

5. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

We put christmas tree every year too, its amazing. In my country we put the tree 1 month and half Before and we Dismount it after the Epiphany Day.

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

we've always put up the tree every year but it seems like we arent going to this year. I dont really care. It's a lot of work and sort of meh.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Haven't put up a tree in 3 years (since i stay with my younger brother and our folks moved).
    Normally my brother leaves to visit the family around xmas, and i end up sitting in my living room either alone or with the missus (if she's not with her family), enjoying the fact that it's a public holiday, and being slightly miffed about the fact that i don't get leave during that period, and hence couldn't visit my family too...

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Oh my, does Christmas suck for every bit-techer except me, or are there some people here who actually still enjoy Christmas a little bit? I mean, I'm older and know about the whole Santa thing etc, but it's still a relatively happy time of year for most people, right? If it weren'tso commercialized (that's a sucky word to type so I hope you appreciate me using it!) these days I'd probably have lots more Christmas "Spirit" but I don't completely ignore the holiday every year... Does anyone here (except the OP) celebrate Christmas at all never mind celebrating what it actually represents?

How about we award rep to the people in this thread who post pics of their nice Christmas trees in an attempt to get everyone to enjoy Christmas this year? :D

9. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I have a wonderful tree and will post a pic when I can. Christmas is my most favorite holiday. :)

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I have a two week Christmas holiday, and will spend majority of that just sleeping at home. I've been at/with my parents and sister every Christmas until now, but now I just couldn't be arsed. Still hope I'll get some ham one way or another, it's really all the food that make me happy around Christmas..

11. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

12. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Well, after learning about how massive colonies of various insects accompany the trees, me and the missus instead bought a fake tree a couple of years ago. It looks equally good, but doesn't bring the smell of the real deal obviously. However, we're happy with it, though according to tradition we will not put it up until the 23rd. I might post some pics then though. :D

13. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Our tradition used to be that right after thanksgiving dinner we would put up our tree. Now we just let the mother do it :D I had to buy a tree for my new place this year as the place just kind of needed it. Ill get some pics once I get the cat out of it and fix all that she has destroyed...
    [pic coming]

And Christmas is much more fun with nieces and nephews to spoil :D

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Journeyer - you just gave me an idea.... Gonna try to convince my brother to help me (turner and fitter there)...I am thinking Heavy metal XMas tree

15. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

We've got a black fake one at home - living on a top floor flat it a logistical nightmare getting anything up the stairs. It'll be put up probably this weekend so will ut up a picture then :thumb:

16. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

our tree, it seems to now have a very Disney theme, Think my wife has sneakily been changing the ornaments over the last few years.
    [​IMG]
    I do like Tinker Bell on the top though.
    [​IMG]

17. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

We're not Christian, so no tree and no decorations. We do give/get presents though. :)

Maybe I should knock up a quick Atheismas tree. I think it will be black and have LEDs.

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Neither are we, but still the tradition is "nice and cosy" though.
    Also, christmas was originally a pagan festival - the christian association is of more recent (in a relative sense) date.

19. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

It's funny how some people are happy enough to pick up some traditions but ignore the others which come with it.

I'm not Christian, and neither is my family, but why should that mean we don't have a tree? What is the religious significance of a tree or decorations for a holiday that you still end up celebrating anyway, regardless of faith?

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Trees up already, its only just december.

Ours won't go up till about 15th ish. Else by the time it actually gets to christmas its half dead and all the needles have fallen off.

My mum determines the theme (just what colours) and does the decorating with help from my sis, but I always have to get the first thing on which is my snowball, always goes right at the front.