1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New GPU Projects

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by big-bert, 24 Feb 2012.

1. big-bert

big-bert What's a Dremel?

Loving the new P8032s for GPU folding, I am now having an increase of 15K on my PPD. I just noticed that now the 2 560Ti's are running more hot than before. I do not have these GPUs overclocked, but I'm worried their life maybe lessened because of more stress. Any one having the same issues.

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Yep. I've posted a few comments on the official forum (which I can't access at the moment) raising some concerns over the temp rise, energy usage increase and screen lag issues ... plus the fact that winter is passing, so that the extra heat may be undesirable for some.

Hopefully that doesn't sound like a moan(!), just practicalities. Something similar occurred a while ago and they put them under the -advmethods flag, so you could choose to have them or not (many people chose not to because of the issues), but that's not been an option with the current 803x releases .....

3. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

you can specify -advmethods on the GPU client?

4. DocJonz

... you could on the last batch like this, but not the current 803x series ...

5. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Didn't this happen a few years ago as well. At which point people started using "80% usage" to keep the cards cooler.

6. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

My two water cooled GTX460's have been struggling with these Projects, Even after I reverted the OC to stock they would still fail. I'd not updated my FAH client in over a year and my GPU drivers were far from current (if its not broke and that...). So I've updated my GPU drivers and installed the lasted console client. Both GPU's are about 70% through their first WUs since the update. Hoping the newer client will resolve the issues I was having and will allow me to reapply my OC.

I've read a lot of peeps have had issues as a result of the P8032's, with the advice being to scale back any OC. That didn't work for me, here's hoping the Driver/client updates will have done the trick.

J.

7. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

No joy, mine submitted both the P8031's, downloaded a new WU then " +Error starting Folding@Home core."

:(

J.

8. big-bert

big-bert What's a Dremel?

Both my 560s seem to have no problem with these units. But just taking a 2-day break for some maintenance. However for these units, i had to have my fans working at 60% and keeps the gpu at a steady 68 degrees. These gpus are running at stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

It's odd, It fails to start a second WU but shows no issues computing the first, If I restart the client, it downloads another WU and proceeds as it should. It cant restart the core after a complete WU. No idea why...

Help?

J.

10. DocJonz

... it almost sounds as though you've got a -oneunit flag tucked in there somewhere.