1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Difficulty in transferring DVD movies to iPad with Mactheripper

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lanyceu, 21 Aug 2012.

1. Lanyceu

Lanyceu Banned

I feel excited that I will become a college student 15 days later. There is only one thing making me distressed. I have a great collection of DVDs, but I cannot take all of them to the college. So I want to transfer the most favorite ones to my iPad. I used Mactheripper, but confronted the problem “This VOB indicates that it was mastered with deliberate bad sectors” where it either asked me to PAD VOB or DELETE VOB. I tried to PAD VOB but it makes the disk skip around chapter to chapter on playback. Here, I’m just looking for one app that would successfully help me rip these DVDs on my new MacBook Pro (MD101CH/A).
    Any idea or solution?

YEHBABY likes this.
  2. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Use a windows PC and MAKEMKV to rip the files into an MKV file format. Then use FREEMAKE or Handbrake to convert file and shrink size for playing on apple devices. Works for me.

Edit: if you want one program to do it all you will have to pay.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited: 21 Aug 2012
  3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

That's a version of copyright control so it's tricky to overcome.

Have you tried Handbrake? The older versions were quite good as dealing with this.

5. freebee111

freebee111 Banned

I used Handbrake in the past. It really does a good job. One week ago, I wanted to rip a Disney DVD rip The Tiger Movie to my iPod, to my disappointment, Handbrake did not work for me this time.
    Fortunately, I found the alternative software on Google, MacX DVD Ripper Free Edition. It successfully ripped this movie, without any chopping.
    I think you could try this app. Good luck!

6. Lanyceu

Lanyceu Banned

Thank you, dude. plz keep answers going on. :)

7. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Not sure how close to the wind this flies, but AnyDVD has a free evaluation period and is fully functional. For the movies I bought that didn't include digital copy version, I've used that + CloneDVD mobile for getting stuff onto my iPad for my littleun to watch.