1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squeezing more ppd from my machine and other questions

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by RedFlames, 10 Apr 2013.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So in the run up to the CC I've fired up my folding again to check temps and whatnot...

The machine:

GPU - i7 920 @ 3.2GHz, temps while folding: high of 58*C
    CPU - GTX 570, temps while folding: ~50*C with fans @ 65%

Folding on both CPU and GPU with 'client-type: beta' flag and getting an estimated 40k PPD [10k from CPU, 30k from GPU]. Core a4 and 17 respectively, WUs 7520 and 7662 respectively.

so barring overclocking some more is there any way to get some extra ppd out of my machine?

couple things i've noticed - every minute or so the GPU usage drops to 0 for a second or so then back to 100%, also having the GPU slot running seems to really slow down the CPU slot

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Try freeing up one of the CPU cores for the GPU and see if that improves things ...

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

stopping the gpu slot dropped the TPF of the CPU slot by nearly half [~10 minutes to ~6 minutes]

giving your suggestion a go atm, see how that goes...

EDIT: Looking good so far, task manager is showing the GPU slot maxing out one thread, the CPU slot the other 7, and tpf/ppd haven't taken a dive since turning the gpu slot back on...

Last edited: 10 Apr 2013