1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Downloading windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by CrapBag, 5 Mar 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

After installing Windows 10 via USB and realising how much quicker it was I have purchased a couple of 8GB usb sticks and have already made a USB windows 10 install disk.

I would like to do the same for windows 7 but now to download from MS you have to put in a product key.

This would be fine but we have 5 pc's in the house running 4 different versions of 7 all with different keys, Windows Home, Windows Pro, Windows Ultimate and Windows N version.

Am I going to have to have 5 different usb sticks and have to download win 7 five times?

2. elise_s1

elise_s1 What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 5 Mar 2015
  3. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

A Windows disk includes all versions it's just a file that locks it down.
    Windows N is a different ball game I think.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Correct. All Windows 7 disc are the same, you just need to remove any cfg/clg files. However, Windows N is different in that it doesn't ship with media support (Media Player etc). However, as far as I'm aware a standard version would activate with an N key, though I might be wrong on this.

Crapbag, YGPM.

5. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Yup, just put in the code for the Win7 ultimate and you'll get and iso that should work with any of them except maybe N. Try it, if it doesn't work then you'll have to download another iso.
    Or if you have the disc still, just make an iso of the Ultimate disk.