1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Microsoft Mouse

Discussion in 'Software' started by elise_s1, 22 Mar 2015.

1. elise_s1

elise_s1 What's a Dremel?

Although it is hardware related, the issue is really software...

I have a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000, but the bloated MS intellipoint software available does think it is a 4500 and this causes several problems. At the moment I have removed all the drivers and software using it as a generic HID/PS2 one, but this does not give me full access to the side buttons.
    is there a way to add/edit the Mouclass.sys Mouhid.sys to provide correct support?
    I also have a Microsoft keyboard but again cannot use the MS bloatware as it will automatically detect and (mis)identfy the mouse. OS is Win 7 64.

it is a well known issue (Google has a few entries) but Microsoft has not given any solution yet :wallbash:

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Is it the software that came with the mouse or the version from the MS website?

3. elise_s1

both.... and also the software suggested to install with Windows Update

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Not that i still use it as like you i found it to have become massively bloated but i seem to remember InteliType let you choose what hardware was connected, does the version you're using not allow you to do that anymore?

If not you could try giving an older version (8.2) of Intelipoint a go, and an older version of InteliType (8.2) things got a bit screwy when they combined them into a single package.

Failing that you could try using devicemanager to manually install the same driver but using the correct name.

5. elise_s1

tried both ways an failed miserably. it's either Microsoft 4500 or HID compatible, no other options :wallbash:

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It seems your not the only person whose had the same problem.

One guy says "In the Device Manager, the driver must be "HID-Conformal mouse". The scrolling works and the special keys also. Intellipoint still shows "Comfort 4500", but it works."

And in another of the numerous threads on the Microsoft forums about this problem some guy suggests..
    It seems people have been reporting about the Comfort Mouse 6000 being detected as a 4500 all the way back to 2011 and Microsoft still haven't provided an official fix. :rolleyes: