1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 18 Aug 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

My main gripe with my R5 is how flimsy it is with the fully removable drive cages. Does the partition plate add a lot of strength to reduce flex or is it mostly cosmetic?

I am always afraid I am going to destroy my motherboard if I pick up my PC the wrong way.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

I'm surprised you find the R5 flimsy! Though I do think it wasn't quite as well built as the R4.

Yeah, I'd say the partition here does strengthen the case as well as hiding the PSU etc.

4. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

That is good to hear! Well compared to my Antec 300, the R5 is a wet noodle. But I do think it is because of the drive bays (I have them all removed but one). This is with the side panel off though as that does add a lot of rigidity to the case when secured by the thumbscrews.

I could be a fringe case. While I don't frequently move my PC around with the side panel off, it does happen. Especially when installing/upgrading hardware or doing routine maintenance.

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Really need to see this case in the flesh as quite like what I see and might be interested.

Tags: Add Tags