1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Epic PC's Black Diamond - 6/10/2011 New Wallpapers in 1080p!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 3 Jun 2011.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]

Intro:

Welcome to Epic Pc's Black Diamond Build. Before I start I just wanted to say that I stressed over the name for this case for a long, long time. This case was actually going to be apart of the Carbide Series case that I am releasing but I decided not to relate the names as Corsair are launching a case with the exact same name quite soon -_-

So I asked my fiance (which was a horrible idea) and I asked a few other people to help me name the case and I finally settled on a suggestion by Darkmx1000 (a swedish overclocker who is the owner of the wrath of god case). He suggested the name black diamond and it sounded awesome and so here we are.

Just so you guys know, I only took on that name one day before this first post which isn't too bad considering that my brother just had a child and he took three weeks to come up with a name for the newborn.

Another case? Really?

[​IMG]
    I am currently finishing off the first Carbide case, wrath of god case and now starting the Black Diamond. Kyubu is in Limbo for now as I can't justify spending time on a case that I can't sell. For the moment it is sitting pretty because both the Carbide and the Black Diamond should be available on my store from July 1st.

[​IMG]
    That means if everything goes well, you should be seeing this case completed in and around 1 month or less from now, crazy right?

The theme of the case is of course black, red and silver so the hardware list should not surprise any of you.

Hardware

1 Razer Lycosa Backlit Keyboard Mirror Ed
    1 Razer Naga Molten Limited Edition
    1 Corsair CMP8GX3M4A1600C8 8GB (4x XMS3 2GB) PC3-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3
    1 Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU
    1 Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME V3 LGA1155 P67 4x DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 8CH Audio
    1 OCZ Vertex III 120G Max IOPS SSD
    1 OCZ Core v2 SSD 64GB
    1 Mach Xtreme MX DS SSD 60GB
    1 HD6990
    1 AX850 Corsair PSU

Sponsors:

[​IMG]

Razer: The team at Razer are supplying a fantastic limited edition Naga Molten Edition Mouse.

EKWB: This is our second outing with EKWB and they will be sending over a very cool assortment of waterblocks and radiators.

Lamptron: The guys at Lamptron are sending over a heap of gear from light switches, spectral bars, fan controllers and molex tool kits!

The Kool Room: Those who are in Australia should know about this incredible watercooling store. TKR are of course sending over all sorts of fittings and fans!

Mach Xtreme Technology: Mach Xtreme has already sent a 60gig MXDS SSD and I am grateful for their continued support.

Black Diamond Explained

Black Diamond is essentially a mini version of the Carbide Series and it basically brings that design back to something that is somewhat less insane. For what you lose in height you gain in mobility, the case has been shrunk to around the size of an Antec 300, some 38% smaller than it's bigger brother.

It has a single slot PSU and supports a dual and a triple radiator with ease. The airflow configuration relies on negative air flow for increased thermal exhaust within the case. The side panels have been reconfigured and the over all case design has been tweaked for over a month now.

[​IMG]
    The corner bits are essentially the same with some minor improvements in design to make them easier to assemble.

[​IMG]
    Into this.

[​IMG]
    The base of the case is also the same so it's actually quite a fair way into the build till I hit unfamiliar territory.

[​IMG]
    The PSU is sleeved and ready to go, many thanks to Aaron who did an excellent job with the sleeving. There are some people who have the patience to sleeve, those people are generally going to be really good at golf.

[​IMG]
    I have already started on the corners and will assemble the base and side panels tomorrow. Lets just say this time tomorrow put a reminder on to come visit this thread :) At that stage I should be able to show you a direct size comparison between the two cases, I can't wait!

If you are at all confused about who I am or what I am doing, visit my Youtube. It will free your mind (matrix quote :p ) .

Until tomorrow, hang tight!

Last edited: 6 Oct 2011
  2. Hannes

Hannes Design | Art | Performance

Keep up the good work Daniel! I'm seeing forward for your build.. A lot!

3. ypoora1

ypoora1 What's a Dremel?

Me=OMG! Another one?!?

4. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Thanks Hannes, it's all cutting right now so expect updates!

5. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Wow, you just keep churning these out don't you. I have to admire the amount of effort that goes into these cases though. I would love one of these sat next to me on my desk.

6. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I'm like a machine!...with a machine.

[​IMG]
    Welcome back, second post...things are getting serious right? :p

[​IMG]
    Razer on the side :)

[​IMG]
    Because of how complex their logo is, I had to run the CNC really really slow. I took it from 5000mm/min down to 1000mm/min.

[​IMG]
    Needless to say, I decided to go get lunch during this time.

[​IMG]
    This will look 100 times better without the protective film, trust me! Can't wait to light this up!

[​IMG]
    YEAAAAAAAAAH!

Meanwhile in Australia...

Razer sent me the Naga Molten Limited Edition. Be sure to check out my channel! Subscribe and follow me on twitter!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Jun 2011
  7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

That is a whole bunch of win! Are you making CNC mouse pads? I feel like buying something from you.

8. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I want to but I don't know what they are made out of!

[​IMG]
    Sneak peak as I have much more to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    EKWB stuff arrived! Awesome!

Last edited: 8 Jun 2011
  9. Mork

Mork What's a Dremel?

This is looking sleek! :eek:

Definetly keeping an eye on this build! :)

10. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Watch out with those EK blocks man:wallbash:

I will bet you 50 bucks that those blocks will be destroyd in a few months.
    I would ask them if you could get them changed to copper blocks.
    http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47617

Just a little warning to a fellow modder. Dont want to see your loop gone before you end this:D

Great start btw, that Razer logo looks t!ts!

11. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

They do have acrylic mouse mats, it would be the best material anyway. I'd be happy to buy a few if you made some.

12. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I've had nikel blocks for years no issues, I don't use copper sulfate in my loop either so I will be fine. I knew about the nikel issues long before getting the blocks. Dionised and an anti corrosive is all you need. As mentioned, been running nikel for years =)

13. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

dude i love your work
    its always amazing

14. TeeJay88

TeeJay88 Whens the Damn Zombie Apocolypse

I will trade you my case(Fallen At Dawn) for this bad boy, these cases are gorgeous. POST MORE!!!!

15. Droih

Droih Your too close if you can read this

Pure checks :) Good job!

16. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Thanks Disturbed! That means a lot to my ego haha :)

I would but the client might not be too happy!

More to come!

17. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Welcome to yet another update of a case that is coming together quite well!

[​IMG]
    What would a case be without hardware though?

[​IMG]
    I got the Razer Lycosa Mirror to match my Razer Mouse and Mousemat. The circle of peripherals is complete!

[​IMG]
    i7 2600k, Ocz Vertex 3, 6990....Maximus IV. Battlefield 3 here I come!

[​IMG]
    I also threw in a 100 gigabit switch and 4 terabytes of Raid 5, I have a lot of info that is crucial so it was a worthy investment (I get 2.7 Tera out of the 4 Tera in Raid 5).

[​IMG]
    Some test fitting, plenty of room for the 6990.

[​IMG]
    If you see the bottom of the case (to the right), there is a hole. Thats where a opal piece of acrylic will be lit up red.

[​IMG]
    I'm not the type to keep a warranty intact...

[​IMG]
    Installed a noise blocker fan :)

[​IMG]
    The temporary test bench. It is all running smooth!

[​IMG]
    Of course, Razer get their own panel, it will look awesome when lit up.

[​IMG]
    EKWB populates the other and it looks great, the case still needs quite a bit of polishing up before I can wash it down though.

[​IMG]
    Same as before, the side panels are held on completely with magnets.

More to come!

[​IMG]
    A big thanks to the sponsors who have made this case possible so far!

18. Droih

Droih Your too close if you can read this

Sure seems like an spacey case even tho its smaller than your first, eating that 6990 like cheescake :)

19. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I wanted the case to eat two 6990's but then I wouldn't be able to afford cheesecake at all.

20. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Now you just need to stop using Facebook as your picture-host, so that people actually can see the pictures :rolleyes:

Facebook is blacklisted and blocked here.