1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shock horror and the DWP.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Kronos, 1 Oct 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Common sense has broken out in the Tory party.
    The Department of Work and Pensions has scraps retesting for chronically ill sickness benefits claimants. So instead of an assessment every 6 months by a company employed by the DWP to lower the overall sick benefit budget, who had the compassion of a hungry lion and who were paid on results, which in effect meant that they were pretty much saying everyone they assessed was fit to work, people who are chronically ill will not have to endure this heartless assessment procedure.
    As a guy with a chronic condition caused in no small part by the ineptitude of my consultants this comes as welcome news.
    Lets hope that this will cut the numbers of suicides by claimants, figures the DWP under Iain Duncan Smith fought so hard to keep hidden.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...r-chronically-ill-sickness-benefits-claimants

https://www.theguardian.com/society...nefit-claimants-reveal-dwp-flaws-says-inquiry

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Not common sense, but a realisation that the new Theresa May Tory Party™ has to appear more egalitarian and compassionate to keep the vote.

Perhaps someone also ran some calculations that relentlessly screening seriously ill/disabled people will actually not magically make them better and that it costs more money to keep up that charade than it saves in benefits, but that seems too much like common sense to me.

Would be nice if they'd stop trying to send my cancer patients back to work before the stitches have come out their surgery wounds...

Last edited: 1 Oct 2016
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

They tried to send me back to work when in the full gamut of cancer treatment when I could barely walk, so I know where you are coming from. Oh and the mention of common sense was a joke as it is not something I would associate with any politician of any party.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Hopefully they will do the same for people with mental illness like myself.

...but I bet not.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

and In the same speech - new claimants for ESA - that after assessment phase and go into the work activites group , the rate becomes the same as JSA (£73 a week)